How do you save your cruise photos?

near the beach

I use flickr (with that said, I can't figure out how to add them to a post.) Now that I have several years worth of stuff on flickr, I am not willing to try a different host...

In flickr, on the page with the photo click on the Share Button on top of the photo and then click on Grab the HTML/BBCode. Change the setting to BBcode and copy/paste it..Here is a screnshot:

2zjlvux.png

I guess the best way to answer your question is with a question. What is it you want to do with your photos? If you want to share them with the world, then I guess on online photo website would be fine. I don't care to as I once found one of my photos in an online ad. But if you're simply asking how people store their cruise photos, I save mine on a 1 terrabyte external hard drive. I have over 17,000 high definition photos on the drive and I have yet to crack the 300 gigabyte mark.

I use flickr (with that said, I can't figure out how to add them to a post.) Now that I have several years worth of stuff on flickr, I am not willing to try a different host...

I do it this way. For a smaller pic just right click on the pic you want, if using IE you will see properties, I use Firefox and you will see image info. Left click. There you will see the URL for the pic only. Highlight and right click to copy the URL. In the Cruise Critic thread reply click on insert image and paste the URL you just copied in the box. The pic should immediately show up in your reply box. If you want a larger image then first left click the desired pic. Once the image pops up then right click and you will see several medium sizes and a large size to select from. Left click the one you want and the new size image will appear. From there use the same method the grab the image URL and paste it in the insert image box. I know this is a little long winded but hope it helps.

I use Picasa to "share" my photos as I can also show them on my TV with Picasa. But as for "saving" my photos so I don't lose them I use AmazonS3 for backup. Right now I'm backingup on my most important photos. I have about 41.9 GB of photos. Which only will cost me $3.88 a month once I'm done for now anyways. :D

I save our photos on our computer at home.

What I was looking for was an offsite location for backup and maybe a way to post photos here.

Two different things really. If you want to backup your stuff online, use a service like Carbonite (http://www.carbonite.com). You can use it to back up all of your personal data (not just photos). Once it is set up, you don't even have to think about it as the backups are automatic.

You can then use a photo site to upload just the pictures you want to share.

Archived