Marina Fitness Center Renovation - Already!

Solar Yellow

We've been told the fitness center on Marina will be closed for renovation during our cruise starting November 14, 2011. Someone mentioned it's being renovated to match the fitness center on Riviera. Has anyone heard what the changes will be and if there are other areas on Riviera that will be changed?

Von, I am so bummed that it will be closed for our cruise on the Nov 14th. It would be nice if we could access the free weights. Since we will be in port everyday I am sure that we can walk enough to get in the lower body workout - but it would be nice to have the weights to do some upper body strengthening.

Yes, I just called Oceania and was advised it would be closed for the November 14th sailing. The agent was unable to say whether weights would be available. I would be bummed as well as I utilize the gym daily while onboard.

I'm fairly certain that the major problem being corrected is the size of the spa dressing rooms. There is only one sink and mirror, so they are crowded with just two people using them! Oceania told us that they would be enlarged.

Everything else is outstanding, from the ample exercise areas to the very large sauna and steam bath, to the excellent cave-like showers with multiple settings to the heated tile chaises enclosed in glass as well as outside chaises for warm weather.

Jim and Stan, Thanks for the heads up about the Owners and Vista suites! I just checked our roll call and no one on the RC is booked in one, so my question is - How rude is it to knock on the suite door and ask to use their weight room? I mean hey, it is only a 10 day cruise, so if we rotate through the suites we would not even have to bother all of the suite guests!

A gentleman on our RC finally got through to O and the gym is closed so that they can "re-insulate the floor" they have had complaints from the rooms below the gym!

J

A gentleman on our RC finally got through to O and the gym is closed so that they can "re-insulate the floor" they have had complaints from the rooms below the gym!

I am surprised they did not think of that when the ship was being built :eek:

Archived