Has anyone been on the Cabo San Lucas "Beach Resort Break" Excursion?

smixsell

I was wondering what resort they take you to, and if it was worth it? My wife and I love lounging on the beach but I've heard some bad reports about this excursion, like they just take you to a resort where you could have walked from the ship and hung out there anyway (minus the $70 fee of course! :( )

Anybody have any knowledge or experience with this excursion?

Thanks! :)

The ME Cabo -- which is an adult-oriented hotel -- is offering a day pass for $30, which is used toward f&b.

Thanks, sounds like a great idea. Do you have a link?...... or should I just call the hotel and ask for a day pass?

I got this info via email a couple of months ago. I don't think you need to call, just turn up and ask at the concierge or desk.

We have organised a private tour for up to 16 people for 6 hours including a beach a glass bottom boat trip a rtrip to the pengiun colony and a glass blowing factory as well as shopping and lunch Complimemntary drinks on board the air conditioned coach with bulti lingual guide :eek:

http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Private-Tour.htm,

We have organised a private tour for up to 16 people for 6 hours including a beach a glass bottom boat trip a rtrip to the pengiun colony and a glass blowing factory as well as shopping and lunch Complimemntary drinks on board the air conditioned coach with bulti lingual guide :eek:

http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Private-Tour.htm,

I am sure it is just a typo but we do not have penguins here...we do have Sea Lions. Just didn't want you to be disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On our last cruise aboard Carnival to Mexico, we got off the ship and took a cab to the ME. Asked if they offered a day pass and they said sure! No charge...towels are down by the beach...and we got to hang out on one of the lounge beds on the beach. This was probably in late 2010 or 2011...we had lunch there and ordered drinks. There were very few people at the property...not sure why. Would go back in a minute! We are on a Mexican Riviera cruise right now and we will be stopping in Cabo. Thinking of heading over to the ME again this trip. Even if they charge $30...and credit toward food/bev...it's still a great deal!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I wanted to go to the ME resort until I checked them out on Trip Advisor. There is complaint after complaint after complaint about the OBNOXIOUSLY loud hip-hop music that goes on all day long. So if that's your thing, I say go because the place looks awesome. However, it's a deal killer for me.

Archived