Urgent question re:booking online dining on Epic

sueb

I'm getting ready to book online reservations for dining and entertainment on the ncl epic. Do they automatically charge your credit card at the time of booking? If so, If our plans changed how do you cancel reservations and is there a timeframe to do so? Any tips appreciated...there are 12 of us in 6 different cabins so this could be a nightmare!

I'm getting ready to book online reservations for dining and entertainment on the ncl epic. Do they automatically charge your credit card at the time of booking? If so, If our plans changed how do you cancel reservations and is there a timeframe to do so? Any tips appreciated...there are 12 of us in 6 different cabins so this could be a nightmare!

When I sailed they didn't charge your credit card until you ate. I thought I read that this changed, but I'm not certain. Hopefully someone will chime in.

There are several places you can change reservations on the ship, and we didn't see anywhere that you had up to a certain time to cancel.

Tip:I think you can reserve up to 6 on a single reservation. All you will need is two people to reserve, 6 for each. It might be easier to actually call NCL so the reservations are linked. When we booked reservations for 11 we found that we could not align the times exactly in our two reservations due to the limited number of large tables (I think we had a 5:30 and a 6:00). However, we just all showed up at the early time and had no problem getting seated - together.

[Thank you sdmike. I ended up booking through an outside agent.. Do y.ou think nil will still help me with the reservations or will I need to go through my t.a.?

QUOTE=sdmike;31187139]When I sailed they didn't charge your credit card until you ate. I thought I read that this changed, but I'm not certain. Hopefully someone will chime in.

There are several places you can change reservations on the ship, and we didn't see anywhere that you had up to a certain time to cancel.

Tip:I think you can reserve up to 6 on a single reservation. All you will need is two people to reserve, 6 for each. It might be easier to actually call NCL so the reservations are linked. When we booked reservations for 11 we found that we could not align the times exactly in our two reservations due to the limited number of large tables (I think we had a 5:30 and a 6:00). However, we just all showed up at the early time and had no problem getting seated - together.

Yes, you are charged at the time of booking (our 45 day mark was last week so this is pretty fresh in my memory). You have up to 24hrs prior to your reservation to cancel so it can all be done onboard from the sounds of it.

An individual can only book 6 max though. If you want to go as a group, you will have to have to really coordinate the bookings.

From my understanding, NCL implemented this policy because people were pre-booking restaurants and then not showing up. On the bright side, one less thing on your S&S card;)

When I sailed they didn't charge your credit card until you ate. I thought I read that this changed, but I'm not certain. Hopefully someone will chime in.

They don't charge your card until you have actualy eaten or skipped your reservation. Changing the reservation isn't really a hassle. We cancelled our reservaton for La Cucina and added Moderno in its place and it was just a matter of going up to a podium outside a restaurant (sorry but I can't remember which one it was) and they made the change easily.

They don't charge your card until you have actualy eaten or skipped your reservation. Changing the reservation isn't really a hassle. We cancelled our reservaton for La Cucina and added Moderno in its place and it was just a matter of going up to a podium outside a restaurant (sorry but I can't remember which one it was) and they made the change easily.

Wow, really? I stand corrected then. Thanks. It really isn't an issue either way to me.

This is NOT true anymore. They charge immediately now. I just made reservations last week. I even called NCL because we have a boatload of OBC to use and was hoping to use it on the specialty restaurants, but no dice. Their new system charges immediately. You can cancel and get a refund up to 24 hours in advance of the meal, but you pay at the time of reservation. (Trust me- I was looking for any way out of paying for 8 people, 6 special restaurants all up front)

Yes, they charge your credit card immediately now (they did not in February).

You can book up to 6 people/spots (for dining) under your reservation. For entertainment you are only allowed to book as many people as are on your reservation.

Tom

This is NOT true anymore. They charge immediately now. I just made reservations last week. I even called NCL because we have a boatload of OBC to use and was hoping to use it on the specialty restaurants, but no dice. Their new system charges immediately. You can cancel and get a refund up to 24 hours in advance of the meal, but you pay at the time of reservation. (Trust me- I was looking for any way out of paying for 8 people, 6 special restaurants all up front)

I stand corrected. Sorry about that.

Thanks everyone for your responses....Booking was a success!

FYI...we have 6 cabins, 5 of which were booked prior to the newer rules of prepaying excursions and dining. I was NOT prompted to prepay for my bookings today on those cabins, but was directed to do so for the one remaining cabin. The instructions said I would be charged at the time of service on the other 5. So...there you have it. Once again, thanks all!

Archived