found out we can save abt 10% on remaining ballance of cruise

lexysdad04

ok so I was looking thru my credit card rewards and just found out that citi bank credit cards sells gift certificates for carnival they sell the $100 cert for $90 and their is no limit on how many you combine so I'm going to buy 8 for a savings of $80 and pay of my cruise

I just wanted to share the news incase any 1 else has a citi credit card with "extra cash from citi" sorry if this tread is against the rules just excited to share the news

Here are the rules of what I found for this cert

1. This certificate is valid for its face value in U.S. dollars ("USD" and may only be redeemed on Carnival Cruise Lines ("Carnival") cruises priced and sold in USD. You may apply the certificate towards the purchase of any Carnival Cruise. This certificate is not valid on any other cruise line, including affiliates of Carnival. This certificate can be used in multiples and may be supplemented with other acceptable forms of payment.

2. This certificate is valid only for the individual identified on the front of the certificate, and may not be sold or transferred to any other person. The recipient of this certificate must be 21 years of age or older, and the recipient and any additional guest(s) must satisfy Carnival's additional requirements for cruise passage.

3. Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability. To use towards the payment of a cruise follow the directions above. This certificate can only be redeemed through Carnival at the phone # listed on the face of the certificate. Certificates cannot be used to book through a travel agent.

4. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and any applicable cancellation charges.

5. This certificate is not replaceable and has no value if lost, stolen, altered, destroyed, expired, photocopied or reproduced in any way.

6. The recipient will be required to mail this certificate to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87th Ave. Miami, FL 33178 Attn: Special Programs MSGP 456S. Certificates should only be sent via a traceable method such as certified mail or overnight courier. Carnival is not responsible for lost or undelivered certificates.

7. This certificate may not be used to pay for the initial deposit, any government fees, taxes, onboard gratuities, games of chance and or any similar activities as determined by Carnival.

8. This certificate is not redeemable for cash. It is void if sold for cash or other consideration.

9. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of this certificate is the recipient's responsibility.

10. Carnival reserves the right to change itineraries and/or substitute ports of call or vessels.

11. Certificate void where prohibited or restricted by law. This certificate shall have no expiration date for purchasers in California and New Hampshire or where otherwise required by law.

12. Cruise passage is subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Carnival Terms and Conditions of Passage Contract Ticket (copies available on request) including the procedure for resolution of disputes, which must take place in Florida, and the information contained in Carnival's current cruise brochures. By redeeming this certificate, the recipient agrees to be bound by all such terms and conditions.

carnival100.jpg.c8195f73f39ffc9a8ae86861897efb9b.jpg

i will definatlly check into all these valid points regarding if i can use it to pay of my curent cruise and if i have to go thru citi travel i hope not. on the rules it says i have to go thru carnival but i will still check and ill let you all know if it works out

I just posted a few hours ago for this exact deal to let people knopw my experience:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1511646&highlight=extra+cash+citi

It says you have to already have a booking number...you have to have already bought a cruise to have a booking number.

When I called she said you had to have booked directly with Carnival.

Hope that helps!

I just posted a few hours ago for this exact deal to let people knopw my experience:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1511646&highlight=extra+cash+citi

It says you have to already have a booking number...you have to have already bought a cruise to have a booking number.

When I called she said you had to have booked directly with Carnival.

Hope that helps!

thanks for the info i just placed my order of 9 actually so that i can pay off my cruise and ill be saving about $90:D on the remaing bal wish i could pay the whole cruise with them

I bought several a few years ago with my Thank You points, and Carnival refused to accept them for my booked cruise. I kept them and was able to use them on the next cruise I booked, so it turned out fine.

Two people on another thread said they had no problem. I just ordered some, I didn't have any other plans for the points, so if they don't take them nothing lost. If they do take them $200 gained. I won't use them next cruise because I'll probably try NCL, HAL, or MSC next.

i have a citi thank you network card and after 10,000 points can redeem for a $100.00 voucher. I've used on last cruise as well as this cruise. after cruise is booked, I wrote info down (made copy as well) sent it in, and the $100.00 was credited to my account off my cruise :) figured, gotta get something good on using dang credit cards lol

thanks for the info i just placed my order of 9 actually so that i can pay off my cruise and ill be saving about $90:D on the remaing bal wish i could pay the whole cruise with them

Can they be used for OBC? My cruise is already paid off but would love to save 10% and have some OBC prepaid...

TIA:)

• 2 weeks later...

They will probably get more, but as of today the Carnival Citi Extra Cash Certs are completely sold out!

When I purchased mine the 100's were sold out, so I had to purchase 50's (50's cost more in shipping). But now both denominations are all gone.

Archived