Cruise Terminal Outer Harbour Adelaide

lynsteve

I was embarrassed this morning at my home towns Cruise Terminal Outer Harbour Adelaide, what a shambles.

There i was to pick up my son travelling Freo to Adelaide on the Pacific Sun, i arrived at the gate and said where do i park to pick up, the reply,"park on the main road here"!!!

So i did and watched as many elderly/frail people with suitcases and hand luggage, not to mention familes and children, and diy trippers walking out the gate. Here where 4 lanes of traffic along with the median strip is where people are supposed to get into and out of on drop off from the cars. Don't forget the coaches coming out the same gate going on tours, how dangerous is this.

I have just written to 6 different goverment ministers, the local paper and the tourism board. I mean its only the PS, what about when a ship 3 times the size arrives, inside the perimeter fence are hundreds of cars, sureley a small area should be put aside for pick up drop off.

Rant over

Stevo

couple of interesting piccies here on my other thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1510714

one reply

Dear Mr Bailey,

I refer to your email dated 2 November 2011 regarding the Outer Harbour cruise ship terminal, and the arrival of your family members on The Pacific Sun. Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

Please note that the Outer Harbour cruise ship terminal is managed by Flinders Ports. Please see the information below on the Flinders Ports website for frequently asked questions in relation to Cruising and embarkation/debarkation:

http://www.flindersports.com.au/cruising3.html

Can I access the Port Facility or Passenger Terminal Building?

The terminal building is restricted to passengers only, the general public cannot access the area due to strict security regulations governed by the national security body of the Office of Transport Security (OTS). Passengers boarding the vessel need to show their boarding pass at the security gate to enter the facility. In special circumstances, eg assisting a disabled passenger, you can seek permission from Flinders Ports prior to an arrival to enter the facility. For further information in regards to seeking permission please contact +61 8 8447 0611 or contact your travel agent for advice.

How far does a passenger need to walk with baggage to the nearest transport? Tour buses, shuttle buses and taxis are available outside the passenger terminal door. The Outer Harbor train station is located 100 metres from the passenger terminal building – a new walkway has been created to make it easy and safe for passengers to walk with their luggage from the terminal to the train station.”

Additionally, drop off and pick on mist occasions is in a designated area inside the facility close to the terminal, but as a multifunctional facility sometimes it is not possible to provide the space. Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.

the replies i expected are along the lines of playing footie..handballs

stevo

Yes our port is a joke! Your right, a pick up/drop off point is needed. Aswell the public should be allowed alot closer then we are now. You can't even get a decent pic unless you catch the ship sailing in or out.

Archived