NCL Fan-Would I like Enchantment?

sesasheep

Loyal NCL fan here, have done 7 cruises with them and have been very happy. We like the food on NCL, and think that the service and attitude of the crew is wonderful. We are looking at a possible cruise in February of 2012, the 9 night Bahamas from Baltimore. While the itinerary isn't great, it sounds like a nice ship, and the price is very reasonable. ($2100 for 3 for a holiday week!)

Was wondering, for people who have sailed NCL or know about it, would I enjoy the enchantment? What would I love about it? Try to sell me the trip!

Thanks for your input in advance

-sesasheep

Loyal NCL fan here, have done 7 cruises with them and have been very happy. We like the food on NCL, and think that the service and attitude of the crew is wonderful. We are looking at a possible cruise in February of 2012, the 9 night Bahamas from Baltimore. While the itinerary isn't great, it sounds like a nice ship, and the price is very reasonable. ($2100 for 3 for a holiday week!)

Was wondering, for people who have sailed NCL or know about it, would I enjoy the enchantment? What would I love about it? Try to sell me the trip!

-sesasheep

Our last seven cruises have been with NCL.We booked a twelve day cruise on the Enchantment ,leaving in February also.The Enchantment looks like our kind of ship and we are looking forward to it.Can't wait to try MTD.Go for it!

Enchantment is a great ship. There is a fresh water pool and a glass enclosed, adults only Solarium pool with retractable glass roof. Plus, Enchantment has one of RCI's best specialty restaurants (Chops) and a great Schooner Bar. Here are a couple pics. You can click on any of the pictures to open the whole album:

2083163310080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2007584180080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2590473610080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the photos, I had no idea cruise ships had freshwater pools!

Anyone have comparisons of the food quality vs NCL? Menus look nice but if it's not good then whats the point?

Again, thanks for your opinions.

-sesasheep

-sesasheep

My first four cruises were on NCL and I did not think I would ever need or want to cruise any other line. Then I tried Royal Caribbean and it is now my favorite. I cannot imagine you will be disappointed. If you want more information on the Enchantment specifically, go to www.beyondships.com and look up the ship profile. You will find menus, Cruise Compass (RCI equivalent of Freestyle Daily), and tons of pictures. I say give the Enchantment and Royal Caribbean a try!

I was on the Enchantment on a 9 day out of Baltimore last January and on a 9 day on NCL Sun in the Baltics in June. I have to say that I loved them both. I would give a slight edge (VERY slight) to RCL. I would love to sail either of the ships again.

Anyone have comparisons of the food quality vs NCL? Menus look nice but if it's not good then whats the point?

-sesasheep

my wife and i sailed on one NCL cruise (a smaller ship) years ago. it was not a very good cruise. the food, service and staff were terrible.:eek::eek: we never went back again. so we now are loyal to royal. i'm sure if you are satified with NCL you will really love RCL. enjoy and get ready to see what real cruising is like.:)

-sesasheep

I dont know about NCL but I personally think the quality and choices of food on RCI is very good and some things I would even classify as excellent. The place where RCI seems to lack a little bit is in their desserts but thats ok with me as Im not a big dessert fan anyway....If you are a steak lover, do yourself a favor and go to Chops or order the 14.95 filet in the MDR as the cuts of steak (particullarly the sirloin) that are on the menu in the MDR arent all that great. Stay AWAY from the sirloin on the menu! :)

The number one complaint I have read concerning NCL is their food unless you eat in one of their upcharge places.

I think you will be very pleased with RCI :)

-sesasheep

Hi! I have several cruises under my belt with RCI and just last year went on my first NCL cruise--on the Dawn. This is my opinion:

Love the food on both lines, pretty comparable, IMO. I was kind of burned out with the food on Royal so I loved NCL's. More options on Royal in the Main Dining Room, the entire menu changes every night. Desserts are much better on RCI. I think NCL's "Garden Cafe" is a tad better (more options) than Windjammer, but again, more similar than not.

You'll have a great time and love the Enchantment...have sailed on her many times.

Archived