Help...please don't flame me

Groupichik66

I will be going on a cruise in a little over a month with my 8 month old...

I know she can't participate in any thing(kids programs) and cannot go in the pool- we are bring a blowup plastic pool for her, Is there any advice on what else I will need to bring to ensure everyone has a good trip?

We are driving to the pier so overpacking isn't a problem...

Do I need anything special for the crib? Her feeding seat?

What other special stuff should I bring?

I have cruised many many times before but this will be my first time with a baby........

Thank You

I cannot help you as I have no kids but I was wondering where you would put her pool? Do you have one of those full suite with the biggest balcony available?

NCL Dawn, December 2003

I would make sure to bring your baby tylenol, teething medicines, gas relievers, etc., if you use them. Anything specialized for baby might be hard to find in the onboard store or in port.

Also, don't forget any items that aid in getting her to sleep...pacifier, special blankie, teddy bear, etc...you will want to have those handy icon_wink.gif

These things in addition to the necessessities, of course: diapers, wipes, ziploc bags (usefull for SO MANY cruising applications), special food, drinks, etc.

We cruised with our youngest daughter when she was 8 months old. It was sort of a "working vacation" icon_wink.gif Although we missed a few of the shows, etc, we all had a ball and made some wonderful memories.

You might budget an extra 10 minutes to get anywhere on the ship. If your experience is anything like ours, you will be stopped multiple times by crewmembers wanting to lavish attention on the baby, ask questions, etc. They were very friendly and very happy to see a little one.

They did have high chairs available in the dining rooms, so we didn't need any special feeding seat. The high chairs were quite old-looking on the Sea, but they did the job. Must have been comfortable, because one night our daughter fell asleep face down on the tray.

You might want to check out some special sunscreens for babies and test them on her skin before you go. One of our daughters turned up allergic to most sunscreens, with none of the rest of us having any trouble.

Have a wonderful time!

Julie

Julie, I'm actually doing some last minute checking on some port questions I posted and haven't even packed yet, yikes! Nothing like a little pressure to get your rear in gear though...the boys are so excited to spend the week with their younger cousins, whom they rarely get to see except for cruises and our summer trip to the beach in South Carolina, so I'm sure we'll have a good time no matter what.

Thanks for the well wishes,

Nina

No tagline, on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

I dont think you said which ship...but I saw babies in the infant pool on the Star. In fact, there were 4 kid pools and a kid jacuzzi. 2 of the pools were thigh high on an adult and had slides. 1 pool was slightly deeper and larger. the last one was less than knee high and had a little toddler slide. There were LOTS of babies there.

I bet the other newer ships have this same set up. I dont think the older ones would have such a nice set up.

NCL Star 1/04

What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

-I am going on the Dawn out of NY on 5-16...

Yes I know- babies get nothing on the cruise- that is why I only had to pay the port charges and taxes....I don't think I would be comfortable with them watching her anyway(grandma is traveling with me, and my brother so I think between the 3 of us we can trade off on baby duty icon_smile.gif)

On the family board they said and so did NCL when I asked that babies that are not potty trained are not allowed in ANY pool. Hopefully I will find a small deck space to set up the baby pool because I know she loves the tub at home.

Thank you for the packing suggestions...I just know I am going to forget something....

I'm not sure how you'll get water to the pool. icon_confused.gif

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Clock remove but cruise in Dec

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbisson:

I'm not sure how you'll get water to the pool. icon_confused.gif

-Monte

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beer Helmet icon_biggrin.gif

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

No Clock = No Next Cruise

Out is easy - all the open decks have a drainage system along the out edge. Where do you think the rain and the spilt drinks go icon_wink.gif

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

No Clock = No Next Cruise

The beer helment sounds like a plan. icon_biggrin.gif

You might want to pack a snad bucket for playing on the beach. That can double as a pool filling tool.

Don't the ship's staff clean the open decks with hoses? That means there are faucets somewhere. Find a spot near one. Better yet, find a helpful crew member and tip accordingly.

Don't worry about forgetting something. You will remember the big stuff. Any small things that you might forget can be purchased in Florida.

Blow....

I was always told I was full of hot air.....

actually I was thinking of bringing one of the air matress pumps(the little ones)....

I really didn't think about how I would fill it up,but I am sure they must have faucets somewhere since they are always washing down the decks.

I'm sure one of the staff will help you to fill the pool, I really don't think it will be such a big deal.

There were many babies the week we were on the Dawn and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. You stated you are going with other family members so at least you will have some help.

As far as packing goes the only suggestion I have is after all the essentials are packed slip in an extra dose of "patience" and I know your family will have a most enjoyable vacation.

"Happiness is a choice"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;28;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived