Another tipping angle - Are the Cheapest Cruisers the most upset?

steveNcindy

a) b) People who do book the cheapest cabin available and worry about the on board account are very upset by this. This change may make it impossible to vacation for less than $59 pp pd for a week.

Some people need to be very careful about what they spend and cruising is a real treat for them. I think your comments are rather condescending. If there are more than a couple of you this can be real money if you are having to watch every penny.

And also interesting that you rarely hear this kind of statement when the issue of smuggling booze onboard comes up. Then- I don't even know what to say. In fact what are you really saving?

Excellent observation!

And I would think most people would agree with that.......

You aren't helping by encouraging his behavior! Tsk Tsk:-)

Seriously if people would stop telling other people how to live their lives on here, it would all go away. They'd get bored of complaining. Just let them vent. Don't egg them on. This is so highschool.

They don't carry my brand of to- kill -ya........hey you are the one wondering if people were being cheap if they smuggled......thought giving you an example might help your curiosity........

Look I love to drink. And anyone else I know that enjoys it will find something else to drink if their brand wasn't available. The OP was calling people cheap because of the $1.50 raise and then admitted he smuggled booze. To me that is kinda funny.

I'm no financial planner, but if a 1.50 a day is going to affect your budget you probably shouldn't be cruising.

I've come to the conclusion that this is preaching to the choir. You, I and dozens of others here have all said the same thing. The ONLY people whining about this change are those who have no business cruising to begin with because they are so close to being in the red. Those of us who can afford the $21 or $42 have no issue with it at all. B*itching about "how Carnival handled it" is merely a smoke screen to divert attention away from the fact that they cannot afford the $21 or $42 and aren't big enough to admit that they are vacationing above their means. Maybe they are truly clueless how obviously that comes across in their rants.

They don't carry my brand of to- kill -ya........hey you are the one wondering if people were being cheap if they smuggled......thought giving you an example might help your curiosity........

Ugh.. there are a lot of things they don't carry. I don't even drink except occasionally I will have a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. And they didn't have the proper stuff to make one.

I've come to the conclusion that this is preaching to the choir. You, I and dozens of others here have all said the same thing. The ONLY people whining about this change are those who have no business cruising to begin with because they are so close to being in the red. Those of us who can afford the $21 or $42 have no issue with it at all. B*itching about "how Carnival handled it" is merely a smoke screen to divert attention away from the fact that they cannot afford the $21 or $42 and aren't big enough to admit that they are vacationing above their means. Maybe they are truly clueless how obviously that comes across in their rants.

Which brings us right back to the op's examples.......which were pretty right on.....

I looked up rant in the dictionary and this post was shown. :p

I guarantee you I have as much money in my savings and banking accounts as most of the people on here that are "doing well". Not saying I have the most. But, I am beyond financial security.

My complaint is that people with money think it's okay to make posts putting down people without money.

I used to be POOR. I still managed to cruise, even if I was charging it. So what.. that was my business. I paid my debt off. I busted my butt to afford the next cruises I took while paying off the previous ones. Now, it's a non issue. But, still, some of the things that are being said are downright insulting.

These "cheap, broke" passengers fill the ships up and keep our bottom lines significantly decreased.

Ugh.. there are a lot of things they don't carry. I don't even drink except occasionally I will have a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. And they didn't have the proper stuff to make one.

Houston we have a problem........what was I thinking:rolleyes:

Look I love to drink. And anyone else I know that enjoys it will find something else to drink if their brand wasn't available. The OP was calling people cheap because of the $1.50 raise and then admitted he smuggled booze. To me that is kinda funny.

You asked me why I smuggled....... and I told you.....I could care less what you drink. I think people whining about a buck fifty are cheap too.......sue me.

Ummm. I can afford the tip upgrade. Paid that rate on Celebrity. No issue with the amount. However i do have an issue with it being called a "raise" as that is what an employer gives their staff. When John heald tells me that the staff deserve a raise then I think that carnival should give them one. Call me crazy but it's just the way I am. They pay them a wage and I tip based on service. Weird concept for many to grasp it seems but it's how I was raised :D

I'm just curious how telling a random person, that you have never met and don't see their finances, that they can't afford to cruise is helpful? Do you honestly think it can changes someones mind?

People are too worried about what others are doing. All you can do is make the right decision for yourself.

I'm just curious how telling a random person, that you have never met and don't see their finances, that they can't afford to cruise is helpful? Do you honestly think it can changes someones mind?

People are too worried about what others are doing. All you can do is make the right decision for yourself.

Amen. Far more concise than I but the same sentiments.

Very true......everyone needs to lighten up, its not worth having a stroke over.

I guarantee you I have as much money in my savings and banking accounts as most of the people on here that are "doing well". Not saying I have the most. But, I am beyond financial security.

My complaint is that people with money think it's okay to make posts putting down people without money.

I used to be POOR. I still managed to cruise, even if I was charging it. So what.. that was my business. I paid my debt off. I busted my butt to afford the next cruises I took while paying off the previous ones. Now, it's a non issue. But, still, some of the things that are being said are downright insulting.

These "cheap, broke" passengers fill the ships up and keep our bottom lines significantly decreased.

Yes. And probably need and appreciate their vacation more than most. The distain for those living on the edge is sad.

You aren't helping by encouraging his behavior! Tsk Tsk:-)

Seriously if people would stop telling other people how to live their lives on here, it would all go away. They'd get bored of complaining. Just let them vent. Don't egg them on. This is so highschool.

It's just a suggestion......they are not going to listen anyway.....they don't pick up when the bank calls:D

My DH and I make a decent living as well. I used to be 20 something and poor too. I get it. But what I never did was spend right up to the very limit of my existence. I too vacationed but it was always with a couple thousand open to buy on my cards, in case something happened. Maybe my parents instilled some sense in me along those lines. I would never, ever have dreamed that leaving the country with less than $100 open to buy across any card made one iota of sense. Because it doesn't. It is at the least fiscally irresponsible and at worst, dangerous. Sorry. Not buying those whining about it at all. I just hope they see the light before something does happen and they end up hurt or stranded and no financial way to get out.

My DH and I make a decent living as well. I used to be 20 something and poor too. I get it. But what I never did was spend right up to the very limit of my existence. I too vacationed but it was always with a couple thousand open to buy on my cards, in case something happened. Maybe my parents instilled some sense in me along those lines. I would never, ever have dreamed that leaving the country with less than $100 open to buy across any card made one iota of sense. Because it doesn't. It is at the least fiscally irresponsible and at worst, dangerous. Sorry. Not buying those whining about it at all. I just hope they see the light before something does happen and they end up hurt or stranded and no financial way to get out.

Three years ago when credit was easy you used to find people who would cruise and put the entire cruise on the credit card, at least these folks are traveling with their own money. I agree a cushion is wise, but you have to go back a generation or two to find the mentality of saving for a purchase. Everyone wants instant gratification. And as I've said before, Carnival sailing with a full ship is good for all of us price wise.

You asked me why I smuggled....... and I told you.....I could care less what you drink. I think people whining about a buck fifty are cheap too.......sue me.

Are you sure? I drink Rye and coke. Very yummy. :) I don't care if you smuggle i touch. Doesn't affect me at all. But this has never been about the "buck fifty" to me and I think a lot of others feel the same way. Let's not lump us all into the same

Category.

Three years ago when credit was easy you used to find people who would cruise and put the entire cruise on the credit card, at least these folks are traveling with their own money. I agree a cushion is wise, but you have to go back a generation or two to find the mentality of saving for a purchase. Everyone wants instant gratification. And as I've said before, Carnival sailing with a full ship is good for all of us price wise.

As a stock holder, I couldn't agree more, Mike. And you nailed it. This is a generational thing, 100%.

Okay.. I said this on another thread and I'll say it again.

Being ABLE to pay for something and truly being able to AFFORD to pay for it are 2 different things.

When I was poor and cruising, I had credit cards with several thousand available dollars on them that I COULD pay for an emergency situation should it arise.

Does that mean I could afford it since it was borrowed money? No. But if crap piled on top of crap, I COULD have gotten myself out of the jam.

Would I have wanted to pay for extra tips back then? Probably not. I was busting booty to pay my bills. I wouldn't spend any extra money. But I was responsible and paid my debt off quickly.

Assumptions are always associated with the first 3 letters of the aforementioned word for a reason. I think it's best that we don't belittle other people just because they're not as fortunate as we are. And that we remember that these passengers are neccessary to keep all of our bottom lines lower and to keep the cruise industry in business.

But you have that extra and suddenly find that oops- no more because a percentage of that has been taken. Not that you have not the additional to pay that extra but it cuts into what you had planned.

Are you sure? I drink Rye and coke. Very yummy. :) I don't care if you smuggle i touch. Doesn't affect me at all. But this has never been about the "buck fifty" to me and I think a lot of others feel the same way. Let's not lump us all into the same

Category.

I know it's all about the "point"......which will result in what:confused: A sharp pain:p

Archived