Transfer from Orlando Airport (MCO) to Port Canaveral

dresterj

A group of friends and I are taking a cruise that departs from Port Canaveral in January 2012. We are flying into Orlando (MCO) the morning of the cruise departure. Please share advise on the most efficient (time and financial) way to get from the airport to the port (and opposite way). I assume that the cruise line's (Carnival) transportation is not. Thanks in advance.

* There will be at least 5 of us that can travel together (as we are are all on the same flight).

Here's a list I keep handy of MCO-PC suttle companies that have been suggested often on these boards.

Cocoa Beach shuttle www.cbshuttle.com

Cruisexpressfla

Star Trans

TraveLynx (www.travelynx.com)

Executive VIP Limo 321-505-0009

Beachline transportation. 321-453-9660

Sunrise Florida Transportation 1-866-709-8769

The last itme I checked for a fmaily of 4 the prices were about $25 per person each way. Your results will vary.

Since you are flying in the day of your cruise, use the transfer savings to invest in good trip insurance, just in case your flight is delayed (weather)or cancelled (mechanical). :eek:

Good luck! :)

Hi!

We used Executive VIP Limosine services before and after our Freedom cruise a few months ago. Michael (owner) gave a great rate and was very prompt with a phone call the day before pick-up. Marlene (driver) picked us up from our hotel in the Orlando International Airport area and even took us on a side trip to Dunkin Donuts on our way to Port Canaveral; she even offered to take us to WalMart if we needed it. This company is highly recommended! (viplimo@screenstar.com is Michael's email address) Make sure you mention the Cruise Critic boards.

And to touch on rental cars.... We much prefer that someone else pick us up and drop us off rather than having to deal with the hassle of a rental car. Why worry about gas, tolls, directions, etc, etc...? It is vacation, you know! Let someone else drive. . .

Hope you find what you're looking for. Enjoy your time at sea!

Audrey♥

We just got back from Port Canavral,

We rented a car as the shuttle bus was $90 each way.a big hassel will not sail from that port again .Good look to you all have a great cruise we did

WOW! $90!!!!

Was this a cruise line shuttle? Or another company? If another company, I will definitely stay away from them.

Archived