LIVE FROM OASIS! New cruise director

kaykels

Wow, this internet is slow so I'll type fast! I promised some cc members to post about the cruise director. Sadly, we missed Richard Spacey by one day! His last day was the day we got onboard. Our new cruise director is named Amy. Its a new position for her. She's young and bubbly, early 20's. She's a little nervous but doing a good job for her first time. I heard she has filled in before.

We have had some rough waters so far. last night we hit a big wind storm and I have never been sea sick before. Most of the ship was in the cabin and the restaurants were fairly empty. Today we have smooth sailing but its still too windy for an aqua show.

I'll check back in a few days if anybody has any questions.

Happy Sails!

Wow, this internet is slow so I'll type fast! I promised some cc members to post about the cruise director. Sadly, we missed Richard Spacey by one day! His last day was the day we got onboard. Our new cruise director is named Amy. Its a new position for her. She's young and bubbly, early 20's. She's a little nervous but doing a good job for her first time. I heard she has filled in before.

We have had some rough waters so far. last night we hit a big wind storm and I have never been sea sick before. Most of the ship was in the cabin and the restaurants were fairly empty. Today we have smooth sailing but its still too windy for an aqua show.

I'll check back in a few days if anybody has any questions.

Happy Sails!

The same thing happened to me when I boarded Allure on October 30, but we got Allan Brooks instead of Ken Rush. Allan Brooks was the best cruise director I have ever had. He is so funny and personable. Love to cruise with him and Captain Johnny again sometime.

This is my 3rd Oasis/ Allure cruise and I never felt anything like the bouncing and rocking we had on day 2. Things are much better now. The Capt. took us on a different route home so we can escape a tropical storm.

Amy is doing okay. She's bubbly. But I sure miss Richard Spacey!

Food/weather/entertainment, everything is great. Awesome vacation!!!

This is my 3rd Oasis/ Allure cruise and I never felt anything like the bouncing and rocking we had on day 2. Things are much better now. The Capt. took us on a different route home so we can escape a tropical storm.

Amy is doing okay. She's bubbly. But I sure miss Richard Spacey!

Food/weather/entertainment, everything is great. Awesome vacation!!!

Well I am glad you are enjoying and glad to see that someone else has experienced movement aboard Oasis....there are so many posts of people commenting that you can't feel movement on that ship and have no idea that you are at sea...like that is a bad thing:rolleyes:...BUT ...I know first hand, just like you found out...that as big as that girl is.....she can still bounce around.

Home from this same Oasis sailing. Had an excellent time!

I echo what Kaykels said about the movement on night 2, it was really intense. Some of the worst movement I've experienced in 26 cruises! The rest of the cruise from that point on was smooth though.

Didn't enjoy CD Amy Fickert... she's just not very good. She was a virtual non-presence on the cruise, a huge stepdown from Richard Spacey! I'm all for interjecting new blood into the RC cruise director ranks, but a brand new cruise director should not be given her first assignment on OASIS! It's almost not fair to her. She should be on a much smaller ship until she's comfortable and has some experience.

We're going back on Oasis in May though, so hopefully they'll have a more experienced CD then!

I've got to agree with Dave. I was trying to be positive and give the new girl a chance. She should test the waters on a much smaller ship. She was out of her league and I think Richard Spacey is so known and loved that they are hard shoes to fill.

Amy is too young and green. She has a "Disney" voice, young and energetic, but not ready for Oasis.

Any chance of a new CD on our cruise?

I chose the Oasis over the Allure because of Richard Spacey.:(

we're on the sailing right after you and we were hoping for richard spacey too - not super excited about the new girl, doesn't sound like she is what we were hoping for - and i know that a cd shouldn't make or break a cruise but we've had some really excellent ones and we've had at least one really terrible one and i can say that while we still had a wonderful cruise (it was a cruise after all) it certainly did impact the fun that we had while on the ship

I've got to agree with Dave. I was trying to be positive and give the new girl a chance. She should test the waters on a much smaller ship. She was out of her league and I think Richard Spacey is so known and loved that they are hard shoes to fill.

Amy is too young and green. She has a "Disney" voice, young and energetic, but not ready for Oasis.

Yeah, she actually seems like a genuinely nice person. We spoke to her briefly on the last night when we were waiting for the fountain show (which was slightly delayed due to cleanup from Oasis of Dreams) and I genuinely want her to succeed... hopefully RC will give her a fair chance on a smaller, more manageable ship than Oasis. I can't imagine she got very good comments/ratings on the guest evals this past week.

Totally agree that she was nice enough but she totally "annoyed" my husband..someone said she had a "Disney" voice and that does explain it to an extent..but my husband kept joking that it was the "AMY" show.. He kept saying her punch line but with a "twist".. HI..I'm Amy and there is no "a" in AMY just "MY"....it seemed to be all about Her..is my point. Is was all about what "SHE" was doing and how well the "Salon" did her hair with her red dress! I agree that they should have given her a smaller ship to start off. I NEVER saw her except at the shows??? She did not spoil my cruise.. I had a great time anyway...but I will have to say I did not enjoy her at all!

Judy On our RC emailed RCI, here is what they told her for w/o Dec 3:

Cary Lon-Comedian, Angelo Arvonio-Schooner Pianist, Chris McCann-Pub entertainer, Pat Juneau trio-Centrum/VCL Trio, Bruce Gordon Quartet- Jazz Quarter, and a Latin Quarter currently unnamed.

Don't know how much it changes in a week but...

Hey Kaykels and Dave!

I was willing to give Amy a chance... she was very young, very green... Too many missed opportunities for jokes at the Love and Marriage game. She was trying, though... I thought her closing line "I'm Amy, You're awesome..." was cute, but bland.

I've been on cruises with Richard Spacey... funny and engaging.

We got to ask at the Meet and Mingle how high the seas were on that one rocky night.

We were told 6.something meters... or about 21 feet.

We definitely felt it, but I'm sure the smaller ships were REALLY feeling it.

Still, I got a good picture of this:

dsc0616av.jpg

:p

Hey Kaykels and Dave!

I was willing to give Amy a chance... she was very young, very green... Too many missed opportunities for jokes at the Love and Marriage game. She was trying, though... I thought her closing line "I'm Amy, You're awesome..." was cute, but bland.

I've been on cruises with Richard Spacey... funny and engaging.

We got to ask at the Meet and Mingle how high the seas were on that one rocky night.

We were told 6.something meters... or about 21 feet.

We definitely felt it, but I'm sure the smaller ships were REALLY feeling it.

Still, I got a good picture of this:

dsc0616av.jpg

:p

Hey Mack! Good to see you on the boards, we enjoyed meeting you at the M&M. I agree with your assessment of Amy. We decided to re-book the Oasis for May (Western itin this time) so hopefully we'll have a different CD!

Archived