$200K for a balcony on Freedom. WHAT!

Im book on an inside room on Freedom for 4/15/12 i wanted to upgrade to a balc to surprise my wife since its our honeymoon. I seen the balc garentee n choked $200,316. Yes that is 200,000 I called Royal and they have the same glitch. So i have no idea what its gunna cost me arnt the garentes cheaper normaly?

PIC_0244.jpg.29d1b714cbbedd59b293e54f3c4bf8d4.jpg

I've seen this glitch before. Often it seems to occur when they want to offer a guarantee in one currency (say, British pounds) but not in another (say, U.S. dollars). They don't seem to be able to program in a guarantee that's only visible to the customers they're targeting (in my hypothetical example, Brits only) - so for the countries where they don't actually want to offer the guarantee rate, they just make the price absurdly high.

I never realised that this was common well ok semi common. Ill have to check back but even if its 2300 thats still 1000 more then im paying now thats to much.

FWIW, the balconies really do cost a lot more, OTOH, I think they are worth it. If money is tight, just keep checking, especially as you get closer, you might see the prices drop. Perhaps even to a price point you are comfortable with. Good luck.

Im book on an inside room on Freedom for 4/15/12 i wanted to upgrade to a balc to surprise my wife since its our honeymoon. I seen the balc garentee n choked $200,316. Yes that is 200,000 I called Royal and they have the same glitch. So i have no idea what its gunna cost me arnt the garentes cheaper normaly?

Wow I'd do a double take if I saw that... and yes sir, balconies are usually cheaper than $200k ;).

You could charter a mega yacht for a week with that.

OhioCruiserDude- I see that you are from Elyria. I am as well but left in 1973 for Virginia Beach. I do go home every few months to visit the folks who are in assisted living there. My brother and other family is still there due to family business so it makes it nice to visit. Definately glad that I left as the town is not much like it was when I grew up there many years ago plus don't like the snow and cold. I hope that you have a wonderful honeymoon even if it costs you $200,00!! Prices are crazy at times on the site but get fixed quickly. We love RCCL and are getting ready to do a B2B in December so getting excited to set sail.

Archived