Cheaper Hotels in Seattle.

scoobiecruiser

We'd like to know if anyone knows where there are some cheaper hotels in Seattle close to the ships terminal?We are going on a cruise in September of 2012 and we always like to go in a day early.I know allot of you have given us some ideas;but we are trying to find something less expensive for one night.:)

We'd like to know if anyone knows where there are some cheaper hotels in Seattle close to the ships terminal?We are going on a cruise in September of 2012 and we always like to go in a day early.I know allot of you have given us some ideas;but we are trying to find something less expensive for one night.:)

I guess my question is: less expensive than what? How much are you looking to spend?

We used Priceline and got the Seattle Sheraton for $99. It's a short cab ride to the terminal.

suzyed,

Well, let me put it this way. We don't want to spend $250.00 a night.The price you quoted sounds resonable for one night and the location seems good. Thanks,will check it out.

I only asked because it is all relative....

We thought $99 was reasonable, but others might find that too much!

;):D

Just wanted to be clear that a $99/night rate at a good downtown hotel is going to have be done via Priceline or possible another opaque site. The poster about the Westin did specify they did it through Priceline, but I wanted to emphasize that that is going to be the only way to get that good of a rate.

Otherwise, downtown hotels are going to be around $200 or more. Even that Best Western over by Seattle Center is ordinarily $150 or more, although I think you can get a discount rate there without Pricelining it.

I'm working on pricelining a Seattle hotel room downtown for our May cruise overnight, and I haev PLENTY of time to do it, but the nice thing about the Seattle area is that you get at least 3 free additional bids if you are bidding for a 4*. I bid and then add $2 to each bid. If it's not accepted, I try again tomorrow...you can bid again after 24 hours.

<I'm working on pricelining a Seattle hotel room downtown for our May cruise overnight, and I haev PLENTY of time to do it, but the nice thing about the Seattle area is that you get at least 3 free additional bids if you are bidding for a 4*. I bid and then add $2 to each bid. If it's not accepted, I try again tomorrow...you can bid again after 24 hours. >

I'm curious Windsprite.... have you been successful booking through PRICELINE so early? I always thought you had to wait until the week of to get the 'good' prices. :confused: We will be in Seattle two nights in June before our Alaskan. I'm a planner, so I'd love to 'lock down' a nice hotel @ a good price!

I'm curious Windsprite.... have you been successful booking through PRICELINE so early? I always thought you had to wait until the week of to get the 'good' prices. :confused: We will be in Seattle two nights in June before our Alaskan. I'm a planner, so I'd love to 'lock down' a nice hotel @ a good price!

I've read that it doesn't really matter when you bid, so that's why I'm sticking to lower prices and just keep trying. If it works now, great if not, then that's fine, too. :) I am not obsessed with bidding every day....

• 3 weeks later...
Using Priceline and Hotwire we got the Red Lion and the Silver Cloud Stadium (which has a free shuttle to cruise terminals) this year for under $125.

Just wondering...what criteria did you use on priceline to get these hotels? I'm always afraid I won't get the one I want!

Thanks!

Natalie

• 1 month later...

UPDATE for anyone trying to get a hotel for a pre/post cruise in Seattle.....

I was just playing around with Priceline "Name Your Own Price" and 'won' the Hyatt @ Olive 8 for $135.00 a night plus tax for our June 29th - July 1st precruise stay in Seattle. I checked the official website and rooms were going for $203.00 a night for that time frame. I guess I did okay, although it was kinda 'unnerving' to have my bid accepted so soon..... :o However it's now another 'trip detail' I can check off my list and for 'better or worse' we are locked into the Hyatt Olive 8!

UPDATE for anyone trying to get a hotel for a pre/post cruise in Seattle.....

I was just playing around with Priceline "Name Your Own Price" and 'won' the Hyatt @ Olive 8 for $135.00 a night plus tax for our June 29th - July 1st precruise stay in Seattle. I checked the official website and rooms were going for $203.00 a night for that time frame. I guess I did okay, although it was kinda 'unnerving' to have my bid accepted so soon..... :o However it's now another 'trip detail' I can check off my list and for 'better or worse' we are locked into the Hyatt Olive 8!

We got the Sheraton Seattle for $99/night on Priceline, name your own price and because we are part of the frequent stayer program we got upgraded to the executive floor! Great location!

We got the Sheraton Seattle for $99/night on Priceline, name your own price and because we are part of the frequent stayer program we got upgraded to the executive floor! Great location!

WoW! That's a GREAT price Suzyed! Is it for a summer stay? We just stayed at a Sheraton Hotel & Spa in Fort Worth and it was very nice. We enjoyed our stay there. I hope your stay is equally as pleasant! :)

WoW! That's a GREAT price Suzyed! Is it for a summer stay? We just stayed at a Sheraton Hotel & Spa in Fort Worth and it was very nice. We enjoyed our stay there. I hope your stay is equally as pleasant! :)

It was April.

Good luck!!

Last May we stayed at the Hyatt Place near the Space Needle for $125/night. This was more than we normally spend, but we were hesitant to use priceline since we wanted a king bed with a sleeper sofa for our son. The price included the expanded continental breakfast and free 24 hr transportation within one mile (tipping the driver was much cheaper than a taxi). The hotel is also with walking distance of a Whole Foods and QFC market.

Hi Susan!

Can I ask when you started bidding? We want to use Priceline for a stay the first week of May. I wasn't sure when to start the bidding process.

Thanks!

Archived