guarantee cabin?

lhall85917

We are considering going on the Sea in July and trying to decide on cabins. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas on how this has worked for you in the past. We definitely want oceanview and Normandy deck - we considering going with category C guarantee instead of choosing the room. What would be the benefits/problems with doing this?

My hope in doing this is to possibly upgrade to a superior oceanview or suite - is this pie in the sky dreaming??!!

Thanks in advance

This is our most recent experience - we booked a BE Balcony GTY cabin, and got called by NCL with an offer to upgrade to a Penthouse for $250.

However, I've read this somewhere in the past. If you are concerned about having a cabin in a particular place, ie middle of the ship or high deck lever, then don't book GTY. Book the lowest class you are willing to live with and then if you don't get upgraded, you will still be happy.

My advice - there are 2 itineraries that you must have a balcony - Alaska and Panama Canal. Other than that - when the ship in is port you are on land enjoying your excursions, and when you are on the ship it is at sea - what you gonna see out the balcony?

We've done carribean with an inside room and got the best sleep of our lives due to the darkness my husbands internal alarm clock turned off. We also did the carribean as part of our partial transit of the Paname Canal and while it was great for the Panam Canal portion, we didn't use it all that much in other ports.

Book the lowest cost you are comfortable with and enjoy it if you get lucky with an upgrade. If not, look at the money you saved and go on another cruise all the sooner!

gty:

Can be very very good, Or you can get what you paid for in the end anyway.

ITs the luck of the draw.

I alway do this & many time I get a wonderful cabin, Then I buy an Upgrade to a better deck. Cheaper every time

Suzanne & Tyler

Archived