"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas / Nov 10, 2011

Radio

THANK YOU AGAIN RADIO!! We LOVE your live posts. Will be tuning in every day to see what's new on the Explorer. She has a special place in my heart as she was our "first" Royal Caribbean cruise. I need to get back on her soon, as I miss her!

Have a wonderful cruise! Hopefully someday, I will be able to cruise along with you in person, but for now, the virtual cruising will have to do.

Will you be going to Maho beach in St. Maarten to watch the planes? If so, let me know how the road construction is, plan to go there in Jan. from the Serenade. THANKS! :D

I made it on board by noon. . . I will have lots of pics to post when I can get to my Cabin. There should be many pics before Sail away. . .

It's time for some Honey Stung chicken.;)

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio! Just wanted to say hello and wish you an amazing vacation! I have been suffering from withdrawals since the ending of my cruise on Sunday. This is going to relieve some of the pain, so thank you in advance for the "LIVE" report! Have fun!:D

I was wondering if it would be possible that you could get a pic of a category k interior room!:D thank you!

I made it on board by noon. . . I will have lots of pics to post when I can get to my Cabin. There should be many pics before Sail away. . .

It's time for some Honey Stung chicken.;)

Radio

;);)

I hope you weren't disappointed with the Honey Stung Chicken. We were on the Freedom in October and it was not the same chicken we have come to know and love.:p

We will be on the Explorer in 119 days. Can't wait to hear of your adventures! Your ventures ashore always help us to choose our plans. Thanks again!!:)

Hello everyone. . . I made a few stops before arriving, and I was able to make it to Harborview Park for a few minutes before parking.

It is still very foggy, but the sun came out and the Explorer looks beautiful. There were only a few people there, but the passenger boarding had not yet begun.

I parked my car, and took a short walk to the Terminal, and I will say that it only took about 15 minutes to get through security, Check In, and hop on the shuttle. I actually made it on board by noon, and I was able to get in my Cabin by around 1:30.

I am going to run now, due to some Roll Call activities, but I will try to get more pics up after sail away. . .

Here are a few pics of my arrival !

Radio

The 911 Memorial at Harborview Park

T4.JPG

This was a gift from the citizens of Russia

T5.JPG

The sun came out long enough for a few Explorer of the Seas photos. . .

T3.JPG

Its time to park. . .Ouch !

T10.JPG

The Passenger Terminal is a short walk from the parking area

T11.JPG

I make it in to the security screening area.

T13.JPG

Here are a few more. . . More pics tonight after sail away !

Radio

The agents check me in quickly.

T15.JPG

I take a short shuttle ride over to the Ship (3min)

T16.JPG

OK. . .It’s time to board !

T17.JPG

I made it onboard by around noon !

T18.JPG

The pools and lounges won’t look like this for long. . .

T22.JPG

My Cabin on Deck 8 STB / FWD (D2 Balcony)

T30.JPG

Did anyone drive to the pier from south jersey? If so, how was traffic on the T/P? I'm scheduled for Explorer on 12/1, and wonder how much time I should allow for travel. Thanks.:confused:

2techs- There is currently a lot of construction with the widening of the turnpike. But, I can tell you that between exits 8/8a up to exit 15, there has not been any unusual traffic during the week after the usual rush hour. I just did the drive yesterday and there was no traffic. I left 10am.

@Radio, thanks for the surprise picture! ;)

Radio thank you for your posts-EOS was our first when she was brand new and you know how you feel about your first -we will sail her sister AOS in early February-looking forward to it-

We had strayed to another cruise line but after reading your posts and Trainman's we are back to RCI to stay-

Happy sailing

;)

2techs- There is currently a lot of construction with the widening of the turnpike. But, I can tell you that between exits 8/8a up to exit 15, there has not been any unusual traffic during the week after the usual rush hour. I just did the drive yesterday and there was no traffic. I left 10am.

@Radio, thanks for the surprise picture! ;)

Diva, thanks for the update. If you are at exit 8, I'm figuring you were around Jamesburg/Heightstown? I'm exit 5, and we'll be leaving around 8AM on 12/1. I'll bet we'll hit some rush hour stuff.

Archived