Where to watch ships leave out of port everglades

shelby101

Basically from the beach in front of the Lago Mar or along that stretch, or from the John Lloyd State Park, on the south side of the port. Unfortunately there aren't any waterfront restaurants near the port, that I have heard of anyway. You can try the Lago Mar or Marriot Harbor Beach, depending on what kind of view you are thinking of. The ships don't sail by that area, but you'd have to look south as they head out of the port and turn southeast.

We just stayed at the Sheraton Beach hotel in FLL beach. While it was a little distance, we just walked down the beach to the "rock ledge" where the ships come out. (I think it was right at a mile)

There were quite a few people there to watch the Allure leave on Sunday night.

While the walk wasn't bad, the weather was windy and looking like rain, if would have been smart if we would have drove a little closer.

We had been to church that morning at St Sebastion Catholic church, which is on SE 25th street. We talked about driving back to the church parking lot, which would have been within about 3 blocks of the ocean.

The suggestion of Lago Mar would also be alot closer, just not sure if you would find parking there.

Also need to look close at a map (or use a GPS) to find some of the streets, as they don't all go thru.

That "rock ledge" would be the best place in my opinion, but as you say, it's hard to get to. I had previously thought of that church, but the last time we were down there, we went for a drive through that neighbourhood in the afternoon to look at the houses, and I noticed the church chains off their parking lot. I was thinking that charging for parking would be a good fundraiser, but I imagine the church doesn't want to cause traffic problems in the area by drawing people in to watch the ships.

That "rock ledge" would be the best place in my opinion, but as you say, it's hard to get to. I had previously thought of that church, but the last time we were down there, we went for a drive through that neighbourhood in the afternoon to look at the houses, and I noticed the church chains off their parking lot. I was thinking that charging for parking would be a good fundraiser, but I imagine the church doesn't want to cause traffic problems in the area by drawing people in to watch the ships.

Well thats a bummer. Good thing we just walked. The walk isn't that bad, but you need to be staying somewhere. If you use google maps, there are plenty of parking areas near the beach. would be worth it to drive around before time and see if there any any public places or pay to park lots.

If you don't mind seeing the ships leave in the distance, You will get a great view from the bars/restaurants on the 2nd and 3rd floor of Beach Place. If you get there around 4:30 you should be able to snag a seat along the edge of the balcony for the 5-6 PM sailaways.

There is an outdoor beach-bar on the at the Marriott with a raised section right on the dunes. I have watched the ships from there and it was good but I have also walked down to the rocks (we found it an easy walk) and found that to be amazing.

Basically from the beach in front of the Lago Mar or along that stretch, or from the John Lloyd State Park, on the south side of the port. Unfortunately there aren't any waterfront restaurants near the port, that I have heard of anyway. You can try the Lago Mar or Marriot Harbor Beach, depending on what kind of view you are thinking of. The ships don't sail by that area, but you'd have to look south as they head out of the port and turn southeast.

We too have enjoyed the best views of ships leaving and returning to the Port of Everglades at the Lago Mar Resort.

Keith

• 2 months later...
There is an outdoor beach-bar on the at the Marriott with a raised section right on the dunes. I have watched the ships from there and it was good but I have also walked down to the rocks (we found it an easy walk) and found that to be amazing.

Would you by chance know a good place for breakfast on or with a beach view? We fly in on a Sunday morning at 6:00am into Ft. Lauderdale.... We are cruising on the Allure which leaves later in the day, and are looking for a good place close to the port to each breakfast.

Archived