Mariner Status beyond 4 Stars

TeamBozo

Somehow the Mariner level does affect pricing. My next cruise is with a friend, who lives across the street - same state, same part of the country. She is a 1-star with 24 days. Putting in her Mariner number got us lower pricing than with my number. DH also has fewer stars than I, he also had lower prices. Our TA had to work with HAL to get me the same, lower, pricing as my friend in the same cabin.

There may be other explanations for any possible difference.

We have sailed with friends in same category cabin and they are different star status and we all had same price.

I think they do give better rates and chances for upsells to cruisers with less days although I get beaten up regularly for saying it.

I wouldn't beat you up about that as I think you could be right.

Upsell is different from 'original discount' at time of booking.

Don't knock it for all of us.

DH and I happily wear our Medallion to Mariners Brunch and the reception where other Medallion holders and awardees meet prior.

Don't take the fun from the rest of us who like it, please????

(And I NEVER want to know the thousands and thousands of dollars we have paid HAL. ALL I do know is the joy we've had from our cruises.)

HAL mailings are strange - we pick up our neighbor's mail when they are away and they always get more mailings from HAL than we do and they don't cruise HAL as much as we do.

We get far more mailings from Celebrity - one sailing with them - and Princess and Cunard - never sailed with them.

So it isn't just being in Canada - would like to know their rationale.

Would love free internet time as a perk - have often wondered why HAL interent is so slow and expensive.

Archived