Shampoo and Conditioner

dr dreamer

Sailing on LOS in one week. We are booked on an inside cabin. Do cabins come with shampoo and conditioner???

Last year we sailed on the Grandeur and there was no Shampoo or conditioner.

Wife wanted to know for packing reasons

In the inside cabin they will provide a bar of soap and a shampoo / conditioner combination from a dispenser in the shower. It should have been the same on the Grandeur last year.

On our first trip on RCCL, back in 2000, we planned to use the shampoo offered onboard. Our Disney cruise had really good little packets of shampoo and conditioner in a basket so we expected something similar.

The terrible stuff offered in the stateroom baths has a 'musty' odor that leaves your hair goopy and unpleasant to smell. I actually bought shampoo in Grand Cayman it was so bad. Every time we cruise RCCL, one of the first things I pack is shampoo! Travel size in a ziploc bag works well.

So, unless you are in one of the suites with the little bottles, take your own!

As other posters have mentioned, they do have the body wash/shampoo in the dispensers in the shower. However, if your wife typically uses conditioner she will need to bring her own. They used to have the royal caribbean packets but removed those in the regular cabins years ago. The first time I cruised since they went to the dispenser I was not aware and had to wait until we got to port to buy any. I could not believe they would remove it from the staterooms and then not even have any to buy in their sundries shop. That may have changed since then, but since I always bring my own conditioner, I haven't noticed :)

Only what is in the dispenser which is terrible. If you're in a JS or above, you get separate bottles of both, but I still always bring my own.
Have always used the shampoo in the dispensers, have no proplem whatsoever with it, in fact we both love the smell of the shampoo and still have a full head of hair after many cruises:)

Yet another reason for flying in to port (for those who must) a day or two early. We wait until then to hit a store and buy wife's fru fru stuff. I use the dispenser stuff head to toes. Also makes good sink laundry soap.

Archived