non-alcoholic beer- which package?

5Stringer

Which drink package would the non-alcoholic beer be in? (O'douls ...) I kind of thought it would be in the Premium Non-alcoholic package but the website only includes the following:

"including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water."

Hmm, I checked all the packages, alcohol and non-alcoholic and none of them seemed to be clear on the non-alcoholic beer.

The classic package includes beers up to $5.00 I believe, so am i correct to assume that the O'Douls would be in that category rather than a non-alcholol package?

I saw your post and was interested, too, so researched a little. Did you see the 'sticky' at the top about evaluating beverage packages? At or near the bottom of the first page they post that in the Classic non-alcoholic package all beverages listed in the first post under $8 are included (O'Douls and Bucker are listed).

Then it says that all non-alcoholic beverages under $12 are in the premium package. I didn't get that at all because all the non-alcoholic beverages listed that I saw were under $8.

Anyway ... looks like the Classic would work for you (and for us:))

I think that there is a lot of confusion because, while it would make sense that Non-Alcoholic beer would be included in a non-alcoholic drink package, I don't believe that it is. The NA beer is part of the alcohol package. There is, I suppose, some residual alcohol in it, but I don't think that really has much to do with why it's in the alcohol package.

I would not expect to be able to get NA beer with any of the non-alcohol packages which are mostly soft drinks, juices, and coffees.

I think that there is a lot of confusion because, while it would make sense that Non-Alcoholic beer would be included in a non-alcoholic drink package, I don't believe that it is. The NA beer is part of the alcohol package. There is, I suppose, some residual alcohol in it, but I don't think that really has much to do with why it's in the alcohol package.

I would not expect to be able to get NA beer with any of the non-alcohol packages which are mostly soft drinks, juices, and coffees.

Cruisestitch is correct - in October we were not able to have 'non-alcohol' beer on either classic or premium n/a packages due to the residual alcohol in them.

I should have come back here before calling Celebrity:). I couldn't believe when she told me that in order to have non-alcoholic beer we would have to buy the ALCOHOLIC package!!!

Yet we could have a non-alcoholic pina colada. I said "Are you sure???" She said yes, because of the cost. Then I mentioned the $8/$12 as talked about here and she said that was true, but only in the alcoholic package.

So I said then that we would have to buy an alcoholic package for about $170 or so more to get a silly $8 bottle of non-alcoholic beer. How stupid would that be???

She never said anything about the residual alcohol which is so minimal it's less than almost anything on our medicine shelf.

As I said, I don't think that it's the residual alcohol that's really the issue. Think of it this way, though. Who sells the cruise line the NA beer? The beer distributor. Who sells the ingredients for the virgin pina colada? The food distributor. That's probably more to the point of the source of the distinction.

Also, who can order an NA beer? Only those of drinking age. Who can order a virgin pina colada? Anyone can. So that's part of it, too.....

You're right, Cruisestitch ... makes sense. I just get all twisted when things don't go my way:). I wanted to surprise my husband with the package on our upcoming cruise, but if he can't have the NA beer, there's no point. Sure not getting the alcoholic package just for that! LOL.

Guess I'll have to surprise him some other way:)

• 3 years later...