Beer and spirits question

fivefoot4

I hope past cruisers can help me with this question.

PG site states that complimentary beverages including select wines and spirits, soft drinks, bottled water and hot beverages are served throughout the ship.

Does that include beer and what spirits are included?

I have been searching through the boards but cant really find the answer.

They offer a very wide array of complimentary beverages including major brands of beer, multiple wines, and top shelf liquors. There is only an additional charge for extra special wines and expensive liquors. We have been onto previous PG cruises and will be going on our third next week and have never had to pay extra for alcoholic beverages.

Last week we had two cans of Bud Light and two Heinekens in the fridge. Gissell our Stewardess said she would keep it stocked all week. We absconded with the Heinekens on the last day since we knew they would be expensive at the Radisson.

We never saw the need to buy any higher end wine or spirits while on the cruise. JD, Grey Goose, Beefeaters were all comp.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We drank lots of champagne on board and at dinner if I didn't care for the type of wine that was being served, they would readily bring me a different selection. You will definitely not go without. The trouble is going back to normal after getting off the ship.

Just booked again for next Nov. Countdown is on now.:D

• 2 weeks later...

What wines do they serve with dinner - is it just cab / merlot and chard or do they have pinot zinf and other. can anyone name some specific wines they have had. Also are you allowed to bring a bottle of your own on board like a special one and if so is there a corkage charged?

Lonedaddy,

The PG has a fairly large selection of included wines. French Champagne was off the included list last year but there were some sparklings and cremants available. If you dont like something they will find one you like. Some years ago I remember I liked an after dinner wine - the staff labelled it Miriam's bottle and each night they would move it to the restaurant I was at so I could have the one glass each night. Now that was under Regent but things are still the same on the PG if not better than they were under Regent - at least for passengers.

If you do have sophisticated tastes then they do have a reserve list as well. Ask someone who will soon be on board to bring you the bar list. I have never seen a written wine list and it has changed from year to year. I remember they had a Coppola red ( merlot?) which DH liked but did not see it last year.

With respect to Bar drinks they include premium scotch like Johnny Black Label/Chivas and a couple of single Malts , Also Remy VSOP, Grey Goose etc.

They will not charge you any corkage if you want to carry a special wine.

Wines are from Europe/California and Australia. Cannot remember any Chilean but I am sure they have some as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Emdee,

From the menu's I saw most of the inclusive wines ranged from 9 to 12 dollars retail - I don't thank that is in the same league as regeant seaborn ...

I would think they would be a little better

Oh, over on the Seabourn board there are plenty of complaints about the quality (or lack thereof) of the included wines so it may be an issue across several lines. Of course, in Seabourn's case it is all Holland America's fault, now that they have merged their management.

• 3 weeks later...
Emdee,

From the menu's I saw most of the inclusive wines ranged from 9 to 12 dollars retail - I don't thank that is in the same league as regeant seaborn ...

I would think they would be a little better

I've had absolutely no problem with either the quality, selection, or quantity, of the wines served onboard.:rolleyes:

Lonedaddy,

I have personally found the quality of Regent wines down as well over the years. I havent been Seabourn so cannot speak for it.

You are correct about the pricing being at 9-12 I think 9-15$ and maybe a bit higher here in Ontario Canada where the LCBO is know for going back to wine producers and telling them that they can charge them ( and us) more for a wine! Damned liquor monopoly!

Bar drinks are decent though and there is NOTHING like PG service!

From our experience in Nov 2010, all drinks - champagne, liquor, beer, Baileys, etc were free unless you wanted a very specific brand.

Wines at dinner were good but you could ask for other "table" wines from other meals. The wine list wines were pretty pricey $50 and upwards esp the French wines.

Archived