where to stay in ft lauderdale

cary1306

Im at Red Carpet from LMT for $37.xx, free airport and port shuttle. reviews sound iffy on the pool, but beds got a good review. I dont expect much, the shuttles are worth what Im paying I figure. One review says they could hear the planes overhead starting at 6 am. It must be VERY close to the airport.

I picked it for the shuttles. Im there Nov 25, the day after Thanksgiving, so season is starting to pick up in S. FL.

We have done the Renaissance but that is a bit pricey considering you come in at midnight - In the past we have stayed at the LaQuinta which offers a shuttle and Springfield Suites. LaQuinta also includes a breakfast which is nice, the area is safe and the hotel is clean.

Good Luck

what is lmt ,and how do you book?

this whole thread really belongs in the florida departures section.. where there is much discussion of lastminutetravel. they seem to be a alternative to hotwire, but they dont add a fee like hotwire does .. yet. great prices.

I did 5 star Intercontinental twice in Miami last fall for $87 plus tax thru them.

they usually only have been really great for florida, but I saw quality inn and suites for $41.96 last sunday night, but they ran out of rooms at the price, for my pre triumph cruise ... so they are getting some other good prices now, that was in galveston.

they have some hotels where you can see the hotel name and some that are supposedly blind...except they show pictures of the hotel, so I went to expedia to see what hotel it was to get this booking. It was just listed by stars, but I knew what hotel it was and that it had free airport and port shuttles when I clicked to buy.

hotwire is more blind, no pictures so you dont know for sure what hotel it is... lmt ... its still easy to know which hotel and some listings do have the hotel name. they have had some terrific deals for florida hotels especially. but that one for galveston has my ears perked up that they may be expanding to more ports.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in late August. The price is reasonable and the rooms are fantastic (very large and comfortable)! They offer a free shuttle from the airport but charge $8 per person for the cruise shuttle. We used points and were able to stay for free. We also drove down and dropped our car off at Park N Go, which offers a free cruise shuttle.

Others enjoy the Emabassy Suites; I think mostly for the manager's reception (free drinks during a 1- or 2-hour window every night for hotel guests).

If we have enough Holiday Inn points, we'll just stay there again next September. If we have to pay for our room, we'll probably try ES. They're next door to one another and the nightly prices are about the same, but we would get free drinks at ES. :)

Arriving that late, I would not want to spend a great deal on a hotel. The Sleep Inn & Suites have really good reviews and great rates. They have an airport shuttle but I am not sure if it runs that late. They do however offer a free breakfast and a shuttle to the port in FLL. Here is their link if you want to check rates or see photos of the hotel. They also offer some pretty good discounts if you have AAA, AARP or Govt etc.... They are located next to a Walgreens and across from a Publix grocery so it is convenient to grab some last minute items the next morning if necessary.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664?sid=xCl_2g.MF5urg1sj.8&sarea=&sname=dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=&slat=26.041948&slon=-80.146782&schain=Z&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&nadult=1&nchild=0&city_code=AQQ&sstate_country

we are flying in at midnight at fll airport and wonder where people stay and how much? at this time...:confused:. I have stayed in fll before but not first arriving at this time.

Sleep on the plane and when you get in grab a couple of red bulls and pull an all nighter:D

La Quinta in Hollywood is our choice. As someone else said, free shuttles to port, and free breakfast in lobby.

Decent rooms, reasonable price. For people that arrive earlier than MIDNIGHT.....adjacent to a big shopping mall w/ restaurants, etc.

La Quinta in Hollywood is our choice. As someone else said, free shuttles to port, and free breakfast in lobby.

Decent rooms, reasonable price. For people that arrive earlier than MIDNIGHT.....adjacent to a big shopping mall w/ restaurants, etc.

That's good info. Can you tell me how far that is from the port in FLL and also, would that be in the area for SAS shuttle service to pick-up and transport to the port in Miami? Also, is the hotel an indoor corridor ?

Thank-You.

We have a reservation at Cambria Suites, but I'm always looking for better and less expensive places. I just checked La Quinta and they are $138/night plus checked them out on Trip Advisor and there are quite a few poor reviews. :(

Disclaimer we haven't yet stayed at this hotel but I picked the Holiday Inn Express Conv Center - Cruise (you have to be careful b/c there's another HIE close to the FLL airport that has close to the same name.)

Reasons I picked this hotel were:

1. Our flight is coming in after 11 pm and their website states they have a 24 hour shuttle.

2. There's is a Walgeens and Total Wine within walking distance to pick up pop and wine the next day.

3. It would sleep 5 in a room and we had points to cover the cost.

4. Free breakfast.

The reviews that I read about the hotel were good, especially considering the fact that we are only going to sleep there. SAS shuttle is going to pick up and transport us to the Miami Port. The hotel website does say that it is within walking distance of the Ft. Lauderdale pier but from reviews I read it didn't sound like a fun thing to do if you had a lot of luggage. They do offer a shuttle to the Ft. Lauderdale pier but from what I read it's way cheaper to take a cab instead.

Hope that helps even though we haven't stayed there yet. I just wanted to respond b/c I know how I was looking for help when I was trying to decide on a pre-cruise hotel.

Cyndi

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in late August. The price is reasonable and the rooms are fantastic (very large and comfortable)! They offer a free shuttle from the airport but charge $8 per person for the cruise shuttle. We used points and were able to stay for free. We also drove down and dropped our car off at Park N Go, which offers a free cruise shuttle.

Others enjoy the Emabassy Suites; I think mostly for the manager's reception (free drinks during a 1- or 2-hour window every night for hotel guests).

If we have enough Holiday Inn points, we'll just stay there again next September. If we have to pay for our room, we'll probably try ES. They're next door to one another and the nightly prices are about the same, but we would get free drinks at ES. :)

Which Holiday Inn Express was it?

That's good info. Can you tell me how far that is from the port in FLL and also, would that be in the area for SAS shuttle service to pick-up and transport to the port in Miami? Also, is the hotel an indoor corridor ?Thank-You.[/quote

We stayed here last Jan and we are staying here again this Jan. To get to FLL port it will take you roughly 10 minutes gice or take depending on traffic,they off a free shuttle from the airport and to FLL port. This Jan we are having Allstar pick us up to take us to Miami,They told me it would roughly 1/2 depending on traffic. The hotel had self contained ,no outside corridors, the rooms are clean and since it is on a dead end road very quiet. We enjoyed this hotel enough to re book it for our cruise this Jan. You are within walking distance to food and shopping. Hope this helps,please feel free to ask anything else you have a question with for Hollywood La Quinta.

They have a nice pool area with heated outdoor pool and hot tub.

We have a reservation at Cambria Suites, but I'm always looking for better and less expensive places. I just checked La Quinta and they are $138/night plus checked them out on Trip Advisor and there are quite a few poor reviews. :(

Yvonne

I take the reviews on Trip advisor with a grain of salt. It seems most hotels only have bad reviews latelyand if I listened to all reviews I would never leave my house:rolleyes:. We enjoyed this hotel very much and are staying there again,clean rooms and quiet!

That's good info. Can you tell me how far that is from the port in FLL and also, would that be in the area for SAS shuttle service to pick-up and transport to the port in Miami? Also, is the hotel an indoor corridor ?Thank-You.[/quote

We stayed here last Jan and we are staying here again this Jan. To get to FLL port it will take you roughly 10 minutes gice or take depending on traffic,they off a free shuttle from the airport and to FLL port. This Jan we are having Allstar pick us up to take us to Miami,They told me it would roughly 1/2 depending on traffic. The hotel had self contained ,no outside corridors, the rooms are clean and since it is on a dead end road very quiet. We enjoyed this hotel enough to re book it for our cruise this Jan. You are within walking distance to food and shopping. Hope this helps,please feel free to ask anything else you have a question with for Hollywood La Quinta.

They have a nice pool area with heated outdoor pool and hot tub.

Yvonne

I take the reviews on Trip advisor with a grain of salt. It seems most hotels only have bad reviews latelyand if I listened to all reviews I would never leave my house:rolleyes:. We enjoyed this hotel very much and are staying there again,clean rooms and quiet!

Thank you very much for the information. :)

Arriving that late, I would not want to spend a great deal on a hotel. The Sleep Inn & Suites have really good reviews and great rates. They have an airport shuttle but I am not sure if it runs that late. They do however offer a free breakfast and a shuttle to the port in FLL. Here is their link if you want to check rates or see photos of the hotel. They also offer some pretty good discounts if you have AAA, AARP or Govt etc.... They are located next to a Walgreens and across from a Publix grocery so it is convenient to grab some last minute items the next morning if necessary.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664?sid=xCl_2g.MF5urg1sj.8&sarea=&sname=dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=&slat=26.041948&slon=-80.146782&schain=Z&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&nadult=1&nchild=0&city_code=AQQ&sstate_country

Sleep Inn & Suites worked great for us. The airport shuttle only runs to Midnight. You can call and see if they make any exceptions. Otherwise, its good with the airport shuttle, cruise shuttle to Port Everglades and breakfast, all complimentary.

Which Holiday Inn Express was it?

We stayed at the location closest to the cruise terminal. They were in the process of renovating when we were there (the hallways were getting ready to be painted). The rooms were very nice and were very large. A continental breakfast was included, too.

I'm very picky about what hotels I'll stay in, but I really liked this one and would definitely recommend this place.

thanks as i went to lmt and booked my hotel got hilton fll airport for $62. wow. includes free shuttle and bkft. for 1//21/12:)

We got the same hotel for the same price. However, I called the hotel directly and they only have an airport shuttle. They can arrange for a shuttle service to the port for $9.00 a person but you have to arrange it with the bellman. Considering how great the rate is for the room, I don't mind paying for the port shuttle.

thanks as i went to lmt and booked my hotel got hilton fll airport for $62. wow. includes free shuttle and bkft. for 1//21/12:)

We stayed there at the end of September. It was a great experience. The room was nice, bed comfy and the food was good too. The breakfast buffet had a good selection and the hostess Augustina from Uruguay was our waitress the night before. She was very efficient, yet warm and friendly. Good choice. We could watch the planes taking off and landing from our room, yet couldn't hear a thing. We previously stayed at the Sheraton across the street - it cost more yet delivered much less than the Hilton.

We stayed there at the end of September. It was a great experience. The room was nice, bed comfy and the food was good too. The breakfast buffet had a good selection and the hostess Augustina from Uruguay was our waitress the night before. She was very efficient, yet warm and friendly. Good choice. We could watch the planes taking off and landing from our room, yet couldn't hear a thing. We previously stayed at the Sheraton across the street - it cost more yet delivered much less than the Hilton.

Do you remember how much the breakfast buffet is? Thanks!

Archived