Honeymoon/Aqua Class Report on the Equinox Oct 31 Eastern Med. Cruise - with pictures

kat228

Is there a technical problem in seeing the pictures? On my computer, there is a message from PhotoBucket saying that the bandwidth has been exceeded and that the pictures are not shown

Too many people are accessing her account at the moment. That's the reason for the message.

I absolutely enjoyed your pirctures along with cute descriptions! It was like I actaully went on the cruise with you, wow!! Now I know what to expect in Blu and Aqua class, and will try to avoid Delta (or at least fly in a day before).

Hah! Thanks. I fixed it everyone :)

Appreciate fixing. Lots of super nice pictures that bring back memories from our Med cruise on the Solstice in June. You visited a different series of ports, but we had been in some of those previously.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 48,983 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

First, congratulations on your marriage (and making it to the Port on time). Many joyful years to you.

And thanks for the lovely review. We are sailing the TA Fort Lauderdale to Rome in the spring. We currently have a regular balcony (we had a Concierge Class balcony last time), but would love to upgrade to Aqua - if the price comes down.

I love that you utilized the Hop On/ Hop Offf bus and Rick Steves downloads - we do the same when we have time to explore and want to save some cash by not employing a private tour.

Happy Planning your next adventure!

Dawn

We wanted to do a little bit of shopping before we left. We even found a Disney store! (I’m a fanatic.)

Honeymoon767.jpg

Day 11: Going Home

Every morning we went up to the roof top of the hotel for breakfast. It had a stunning view and a pretty decent spread.

Honeymoon768.jpg

We could see the Vatican from the roof:

Honeymoon770.jpg

Again our driver was early, so we got to the airport in plenty of time.

Final Thoughts

We loved this cruise. At the beginning I mentioned that we had taken a Carnival one before. Celebrity (which I’m sure is no surprise to anyone) blows Carnival away. Our next cruise will definitely be with Celebrity, it was just wonderful.

We also really loved our Santorini Wine Tour. RomeCabs was fantastic, so I would recommend them. We had a great room steward (Jose) that made our stay on the ship just wonderful. The food blew me away. This was for our honeymoon, which is why we spent the extra money to upgrade to Aqua Class over a regular balcony, but if the price was reasonable, we would definitely book Aqua Class again just for Blu. It was that good. I’ll be happy to answer any questions for anyone. I do have all of our Celebrity Todays saved.

Oh, and I will be writing up a more concise review on the review page.

Hi there - somehow i cannot open your photos for some reason and would love to see them.. anyone else have these issues???

Thank you for sharing your photos and review with us. Best wishes to you and your new husband! My son is making his first trip to Rome next month and I'm going to show him all your photos as a preview of what awaits in wonderful Italy.

Hi there - somehow i cannot open your photos for some reason and would love to see them.. anyone else have these issues???

There was an issue yesterday where I exceeded bandwidth on Photobucket, but that should be fixed.

Are you accessing from work? Some work locations will block it.

We wanted to do a little bit of shopping before we left. We even found a Disney store! (I’m a fanatic.)

Honeymoon767.jpg

Day 11: Going Home

Every morning we went up to the roof top of the hotel for breakfast. It had a stunning view and a pretty decent spread.

Honeymoon768.jpg

We could see the Vatican from the roof:

Honeymoon770.jpg

Again our driver was early, so we got to the airport in plenty of time.

Final Thoughts

We loved this cruise. At the beginning I mentioned that we had taken a Carnival one before. Celebrity (which I’m sure is no surprise to anyone) blows Carnival away. Our next cruise will definitely be with Celebrity, it was just wonderful.

We also really loved our Santorini Wine Tour. RomeCabs was fantastic, so I would recommend them. We had a great room steward (Jose) that made our stay on the ship just wonderful. The food blew me away. This was for our honeymoon, which is why we spent the extra money to upgrade to Aqua Class over a regular balcony, but if the price was reasonable, we would definitely book Aqua Class again just for Blu. It was that good. I’ll be happy to answer any questions for anyone. I do have all of our Celebrity Todays saved.

Oh, and I will be writing up a more concise review on the review page.

Thanks Kat.. amazing photos. We did a 20 night mediterrean sept 2010, and so many of these photos bring so many memories back from us. Pizza Aurora in Sorrento... what did you think? we thought it was the best we have ever tried! we will be doing the 11 night ultimate on celebrity in January.. very excited!

Great review and congratulations on your marriage! We have booked Eclipse for our honeymoon next November so seeing the photos of your cruise - especially the Aqua Class cabins and Blu was great - thank you!

Thanks Kat.. amazing photos. We did a 20 night mediterrean sept 2010, and so many of these photos bring so many memories back from us. Pizza Aurora in Sorrento... what did you think? we thought it was the best we have ever tried! we will be doing the 11 night ultimate on celebrity in January.. very excited!

I thought it was good, but I was expecting something different I guess. It reminded me a lot of NY Style pizza...which I like, so I was still happy!

UPDATE: We were encouraged to take our problems with Delta further up in the organization. They have given us $300 vouchers each. We will be giving Delta another try as it should be sufficient to cover the cost of a flight that we would normally take.

I will of course update whether or not we feel they redeem themselves on that next flight.

They also actually acknowledged that we had problems, are following up with their operations team to see what happened with our seats between Alitalia & Delta, and APOLOGIZED.

• 4 weeks later...