Port in Amsterdam

BillC

We're on the Century repositioning cruise that leaves Ft.Lauderdale on May 7th and eventually ends in Amsterdam.Does anyone know where the dock in Amsterdam is in relation to the main square / train station in downtown Amsterdam.We'll be staying at the Marriott Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel and I'm trying to figure the best way to get there from the ship.

Thanks,in advance,for you help.

I stayed at a Marriott in Amsterdam before my Century cruise. Not sure if it is the same one or not. My Marriott was about 5 minutes from both museums and 2 minutes walk from the large park. If that is the one...I took a $4.00 cab ride to the pier. Very easy and quick!

Taxi ride would be the best method of transportation from the port. It won't take long and should be relatively inexpensive. Taxi drivers are very professional and well dressed & educated. Enjoy your stay in Amsterdam. It is a good walkign city, too.

Bon Voyage

The Cruise Terminal in Amsterdam in on the East Side of Central Station, but too far away to walk. http://www.ptamsterdam.com/pta/organisatie/e_index.html

The Renaissance Hotel (very nice hotel!) is close to the Station but on another side. If you are having luggage, best is to take a cab.It takes abt. 10 minutes.

Without luggage you could take a citybus from the terminal to the staion, then walk for abt. 10 minutes.

Donot forget to make a canalcruise in Amsterdam, ships leave opposite the station.

For more info about Amsterdam:http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/

If you need more help, let me know.

Archived