Epic Disembarkation 9/23/12-9/30/12

poma

I am in the process of looking at flights for our Epic cruise next Sept. 2012. Can we make a flight out of Barcelona at 10:50AM? How quickly can we leave the ship to make our flight? Any info. would be appreciated.

We can't wait for our cruise!

Thanks,

Lorrie

This past Sept we left our cabin (self dismbarked) at 6:15 and were in the airport before 7:00 for an 11:00 flight. There was one other couple disembarking at the same time. The cruise terminal was dead. Plenty of taxis, not traffic. BCN Terminal 1 was swarming with people. Delta and Iberia had lines like I've never seen before (transatlantic flights). If you're on one of those you should probably leave the ship early as possible. We were on BA to London and had to wait quite awhile just for the counter to open up.

You should be fine as long as the ship pulls in on time....but be sure to self-disembark if you can and get out early. We got off the ship at 9:00 am and the taxi line already had approx 100 people in line.....it went by fairly quickly, like about 1/2 hr, by the time we got our cab, but the sooner you get out there the better!!

Enjoy your cruise! You will LOVE it!!

I am in the process of looking at flights for our Epic cruise next Sept. 2012. Can we make a flight out of Barcelona at 10:50AM? How quickly can we leave the ship to make our flight? Any info. would be appreciated.

We can't wait for our cruise!

Thanks,

Lorrie

If you are traveling Delta, I wouldn't suggest this flight. I returned on this flight the day after my cruise and I had a time getting the flight. The lines are long, so make sure that you scale down your luggage. The flight to BCN was a breeze but hectic returning to ATL.

I was thinking the same thing for a cruise in August. There is a 10:15AM flight back to JFK after porting in Barcelona. If we get off right away and book a transfer, do you think we will make it? I think we might be better off booking a stressfree noon flight. Thanks all!

This past September we booked a 10:00 to Atlanta, self-disembarked at 7:00 a.m., caught a cab at the port and were at the airport by 7:30. No sweat!

B. Cole

Why ruin the relaxation of a cruise with the worry of making a pre-noon flight? Yes, you can probably do it, but it assumes the ship is on time, etc. (which it usually is). However, I would probably spend the week worrying about it now and then, and then be frantic and stressed the morning of debarkation.

Is that how you want to end a great vacation?

Just sayin

Archived