SD 1 versus Oasis of the Seas Magazine Article

DisneyJen

Interesting. Remember back when the Oasis came out and we had that link to the lifeboat builder? One lifeboat on that thing carries more than the entire compliment on SeaDream.:eek::eek: Don't think you will find this Old Boy on that thing.:eek::D

You beat me to it. Mine arrived in the mail today and I was going to post about it.

There is also a little blurb in this months Islands magazine mentioning SDI as one of the top 5 cruises.

OK, SDII is another one, who are the last 3?:eek::D

You beat me to it. Mine arrived in the mail today and I was going to post about it.

There is also a little blurb in this months Islands magazine mentioning SDI as one of the top 5 cruises.

Saw that as well but didn't look for the link:p

He is a smart guy Jim ... just mailed the final payment for our February cruise and DJ's DH didn't even flinch:cool: Of course he made my write the check:rolleyes:

Saw that as well but didn't look for the link:p

He is a smart guy Jim ... just mailed the final payment for our February cruise and DJ's DH didn't even flinch:cool: Of course he made my write the check:rolleyes:

But we get to go before you, only 37 days until we leave!:D:D:D

Yesterday afternoon I finally tackled my pile of magazines and was thrilled to see an article/photo essay in "Caribbean Travel + Life" entitled "Big Ship v Little Ship."

Here is the link:

http://www.caribbeantravelmag.com/gallery/big-ship-little-ship

Enjoy!!

According to the article, Oasis has "innovative neighborhoods"...?! ::::shudder :eek::::::

It's funny, I go on cruises to get AWAY from the 'hood!

LOL!! :D

After looking at those pics (and remembering the infamous photo of SD parked next to Oasis) I hope they provide compasses and maps to their passengers as they board the ship.

I realize some like this kind of mass cruising so don't mean to offend, but this to me would be my greatest travel nightmare..... To be bottled in with thousands of people in a large city without an escape route! :eek:

Have to agree with you. Have docked next to such on SD and it is truly incredible the masses of people trying to get on and off the ship. The largest we have ever been on has been Queen Mary 2 and she holds about half of the Oasis's compliment!:eek:

Have to agree with you. Have docked next to such on SD and it is truly incredible the masses of people trying to get on and off the ship. The largest we have ever been on has been Queen Mary 2 and she holds about half of the Oasis's compliment!:eek:

HALF of the QE2?! Wow! :eek:

Guess ships aren't immune to 'supersizing', just like everything else these days. :rolleyes:

The Wind Surf was the largest ship (boat? I know size makes a difference, I just don't know how!) we've ever been on and even that felt a bit crowded. But I am sure there are those who would be bored out of their minds on a small, intimate ship like Sea Dream. I just don't want to cruise with 5,000 of them. :p

Archived