Skype on Radiance of the Seas??

Hi all... has anyone tried using Skype on Radiance of the Seas lately?

I've seen some older posts around with mixed reviews and I'm curious to find out whether anyone has had any recent experience and what my chances of success might be before I buy my internet package.

We'll be sailing to New Zealand this coming Sunday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all... has anyone tried using Skype on Radiance of the Seas lately?

I've seen some older posts around with mixed reviews and I'm curious to find out whether anyone has had any recent experience and what my chances of success might be before I buy my internet package.

We'll be sailing to New Zealand this coming Sunday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

I did see people talking on there laptop but the internet is very slow on most cruise ships the adveredge charge is 65 cents per minute i had a credit of $30 it only lasted long enough for two emails and reading important emails in my inbox. the best way to keep in touch is the internet cafes onshore

On every ship that I have been on, I have always seen a sign which asks people not to use Skype onboard . It is a real bandwidth hogger - and the internet is slow enough to use onboard without people clogging it further using Skype. However I have seen people Skyping nevertheless. They often seem to be having difficulty, which I can readily imagine if they even think that they can use video while Skyping. That needs a decent fast broadband connection.

Barry

To answer my own question, skype isn't available on the Radiance...there was an information package about the internet in our cabin on boarding and it said we couldn't use any of those kinds of applications. They do have a pretty good satellite? system and my friend had normal phone reception (roaming) for most of the cruise

Archived