What is your favourite thing to do on sea days?

ILoveCruiseShips

By the way the kids are between 17 and 12...they won't want to hang with us on the ship for sure. Also, we have a balcony room. Keep em coming...so far they are great!

By the 17 some beer :eek: he or she will not leave your side :D

haha. He is not too interested in the beer...it's the one staying home (19) who would of taken us up on it for sure. My 17 year old and my 14 year old will be having room service at midnight for pizza and cheesecake. lol

Well thats good it just reminded me of a cruise back in 03 when we met some people our son was 19 and there was 17 and his mom kept them in beer , she asked if it was okay , I had no problem with it he was in college , dont get me wrong she didnt over due it but she did buy them a bucket or 2 or 3 :) over the week .

I enjoy a good long workout in the gym, followed by leisurely using the steam sauna (which have large window out to the sea!) Very relaxing! Another tip is to bring your own mud mask or facial stuff and have a do it yourself spa tx followed by a long shower in the spa.

I always fine a nice seat, or lounger in the shade on the aft deck, listen to GREAT music on my Ipod, and watch the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) as she soaks up the sun. (Doesn't hurt if there are a few more lovely ladies around in their bikinis as well!) REALLY makes my blood pressure go down, and makes me feel truly wonderful. :cool:

"SKY"

First off....sleep in...I've probably been getting up early for those early morning excursions.

Then I love to read my iPad while soaking up some sun....and then go in for a steam/sauna ritual. Seems like very few people take advantage of the wonderful (free) facilities. I like delluser's idea of bringing supplies for a DIY mud mask. It's perfect as sea days are usually associated with formal nights.

I like to sleep in and have a little mini breakfast(room service) and tea on the balcony in my jammies. (I love the gym/sauna idea and am going to try that when I cruise on the Freedom in 18 days. :o )

Then lunch in the MDR. I love the afternoon tea at 3:00. Love to have some relaxation in the sunshine (and think about how cooooold it is at home).

Usually try to do some ship exploring if I haven't seen everything already.

We are a little different... we get up at the normal time and hit up all the trivia and games we can. In between we relax, talk, have some drinks... and hit up the next trivia. Winning a ship on a stick and eating well is our sea day priority...

I second this one , took us 10 cruises till we started doing some of these , they are fun , and all of the games around the pool as well . :)

I am sailing the Valor in January with my husband and 3 boys and our friends and their 4 kids....I think this thread may give me some good ideas.

If the children go to Camp Carnival, Valor has an absolutely awesome Serenity Deck on Deck 11 and 12 foreward. The best access is from Deck 11 starboard side where you go right out to a sitting area. They also have regular lawn chairs and huge round cabana style beds right at the front of the ship. One deck up there are large hammocks (2 on port side, 2 on starboard side), lounge chairs and 2 hot tubs at the front of the ship. All seating and lounge chairs are padded. It is a great relaxing place to hang out and read, watch the water, and so on. I actually read 4 books on my last cruise.

I think they have some type of scavenger hunt for kids on one of the sea days. The second sea day they had a towel animal folding class in the main lounge that some of the kids might enjoy.

Archived