Help Me Decide - Show info? Other info?

Surfgirl

Hi:

I'm thinking of a cruise out of NY either December 10 or 11... one is on the Gem, one is on the Jewel. I've never been on either ship, but I have heard that they're quite similar. So.. the deciding factor may be the shows. I have been unable to find which shows are playing on which ships for that week. Anyone know?

Also... any overall recommondations as to Gem or Jewel??? Which do you prefer?

Thanks so much!

I just got off of the Gem on Sunday. I haven't been on the Jewel, but the Gem and staff were great. Also for me if I have the option of leaving on a Sunday versus a Saturday again I will always go with Sunday. Zero traffic made our trip to and from the port a breeze!

as stated rock climbing wall and bowling alley are only differances.also jewel is a nickalodeon ship.when i went on jewel last december i didnt see very much nick stuff or kids.so prices and departure day are only big differance.i like a saturday departure so i can have a off day before returning to work.

That's a great point! I hadn't even considered the traffic!

This was also the day of the NYC Marathon, and it was still zero traffic.

Also not sure about the Nick cruises, but as this was "Jersey Week", there were over 700 kids on board, and the ship "absorbed" all of them just fine. In fact I am happy to report that this cruise had the most well behaved and respectful kids I have ever seen.

Gem has a rock climbing wall and a bowling alley.

It also has the haven for higher end suites.

Apart from that the ships are pretty much the same.

Jewel has The Haven too, if that's what you're looking for.

Hi:

I'm thinking of a cruise out of NY either December 10 or 11... one is on the Gem, one is on the Jewel. I've never been on either ship, but I have heard that they're quite similar. So.. the deciding factor may be the shows. I have been unable to find which shows are playing on which ships for that week. Anyone know?

Also... any overall recommondations as to Gem or Jewel??? Which do you prefer?

Thanks so much!

Pick the JEWEL on December 10th....we have a great group on the roll call and would love to have you join us. :)

We've been on both ships multiple times, they are more alike than they are different. The JEWEL shows are slightly better, in our opinion. The GEM does have the bowling alley and rock climbing wall....where the JEWEL offers the private karaoke rooms and a nicer shopping area. The GEM seems to have a nicer spa, and the JEWEL has an easier buffet area.

Go with the cheaper cruise, or the one that fits your schedule better.

One other point about the JEWEL is she is doing sailaway on 12/10 which will be a FULL moon.....beautiful for sailaway. :)

Thanks for the replies! It looks like I can't lose either way.

What is "The Haven???"

Tequila... sounds like you have a great group there. I'll let you know for sure if I book that cruise... and would love to meet up with everybody if I go.

I'll know in a day or two.

Archived