help/suggestions

jh979

My wife has been moaning for weeks that we need to go on a cruise (after all it has been a whole year since we went on our last one). At lunch Monday(her birthday), she again brought up the cruise idea. What she doesn't know is that we have a cruise booked in February that is her Christmas gift. My thoughts have been to get a big box stuff it with various things that would lead to the bottom of the box where the cruise tickets would be. I have also considered a trail of small gifts around the house leading finally to the tickets.

On the Princess website, they have some gifts for onboard...can you buy those and have them sent to you at home? Any suggestions for the small gifts leading to the cruise tickets...we are booked on the Crown Princess Southern trip.

Thanks for any ideas

You may want to consider makeing up a small cruise album with past pictures and placeing it in a XMAS Box or watch a video XMAS day of a cruise you may have taken in the past cruise before she opens up the present.

Or type or create a sheet of paper with the cruise itenerary and place it in an envelope for her to open.

Go to a travel agent's office and pick up a Princess cruise book that has your cruise in it. Wrap it and put a note to be opened on the outside:

You and I have had so much fun

When we're together in the sun.

Open the book and you will see

a present for you - page 33

That way she won't know WHICH cruise or when - until a surprise at the last moment.

If you want to make a treasure hunt - have some of the gifts leading up to the last be things she might use on a cruise, like a mystery novel, but not letting the cat out of the bag too soon.

If you have already selected Princess excursions for the various ports, you can create and print a customized brochure for her through your Cruise Personalizer. Even if you haven't selected excursions, you can still put together a brochure with suggested excursions.

We did something similar for my sister & her family a couple years ago (not a cruise but a weekend away for them). We created little puzzles for each of them. The answer to each puzzle was a clue.

We did a word search, with words that would hint at what they would do.

A box of scrabble letters that needed to be arranged to the name of the city.

A map, with co-ordinates that they needed to find then connect the dots.

A picture of the area, made into a puzzle they needed to put together.

Another idea would be a carry on bag, with "essentials" and a cruise guide book, or printed port guides.

Archived