Luggage tags

lolmerry

Hope this question dont sound to stupid but her gos......

Do you get luggage tags to put on your cases for flying and seperate ones for your cruise,We are flying to singapore for precruise hotel Then on the Zaandam,so do you get differant luggage labels? also will my o/l t/a send my tags,hope this makes sense but i have only been on cruises that go straight to the ship and first time with H/A

Many thanks if someone can tell me,

We always fly in the day before a cruise but don't put our cruise luggage tags on our bags until we're ready to leave the hotel. I know some here have said they put their tags on at home even if they're flying in the day before to help if there's a delayed or lost luggage issue. It's really a personal choice with no right or wrong answer. Of course we always have identification on our bags even for business travel so that's kind of a constant and, as I recall, required by airlines and probably TSA.

Hope this question dont sound to stupid but her gos......

Do you get luggage tags to put on your cases for flying and seperate ones for your cruise,We are flying to singapore for precruise hotel Then on the Zaandam,so do you get differant luggage labels?

Yes, you get one set of luggage tags for flying and different luggage tags for your cruise.

Luggage tags are provided by the airline for flying. They will be attached to your luggage when you check in for your flight.

Luggage tags for the cruise are provided when you check in for your cruise at the pier.

..also will my o/l t/a send my tags,hope this makes sense but i have only been on cruises that go straight to the ship and first time with H/A

Many thanks if someone can tell me,

If you use a travel agent, some travel agents will send you luggage tags for the cruise in advance that you can bring along with you from home if you wish, but not all travel agents do that.

Some passengers enjoy creating their own luggage tags in advance to bring along from home, but that is not necessary either.

We never bother with bringing along luggage tags from home because it is quicker and easier to get them at the pier. It is just a matter of personal preference.

When we flew into FL a few years ago we had a garment bag. Baggage claim at FL a bag just like ours kept coming around the carousel with no one picking it up. It had the ships baggage tag on it. Ours never appeared.

Turned out another couple picked up our bag by mistake. Spoke with the HAL people at the airport and told them what we thought had happened.

Later the next day after we boarded the Westerdam our bag appeared at the cabin.

I will always have the ships baggage tag on the bag in the future. We did not that time and were lucky.

Bill

PS my computer bag still has one of the tags on from Alaska summer 2009.

Archived