Grand Turk vs Roatan

eandx

We are looking a Princess cruise at the end of February 2012. We have been to Roatan and love the beach that is right next to the pier:cool:. Has anybody been to Roatan and Grand Turk? How would you compare the two? My DW really likes the shade trees at Roatan. Thank You for your help!!

We are looking a Princess cruise at the end of February 2012. We have been to Roatan and love the beach that is right next to the pier:cool:. Has anybody been to Roatan and Grand Turk? How would you compare the two? My DW really likes the shade trees at Roatan. Thank You for your help!!

Grand Turk right off the ship dock is one big Margaritaville complex. But sand and surf are better than Mahogany Bay Beach in Roatan. Drink and food prices are much higher at Margaritaville-Grand Turk than at Mahogany Bay. Like Roatan, the better beaches are away from the port. Rent a golf cart and drive around, you'll find a great spot.

I agree too the the beaches in Roatan are a bit nicer and lagoon-ish / curvy. The beaches in GT are very nice, but I will give my nod to Roatan. I also think snorkeling right off the beach, for the most part, is better in Roatan.

If you can make it out to "the wall" in GT it will be well worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

Check to see how often the Princess boats have to miss Roatan. Last year, we were on the Carnival Dream, and the ship was just too large for the channel in to shore, since there were currents. Other Carnival ships docked before and after us.

Both the beaches are very nice, though I would choose Roatan.

Archived