Recent Silver Spirit Transatlantic Crossing

philipb

Thanks for an exceptional summary of our Spirit Transatlantic crossing Philip. As one of those early risers, must say you missed the Hot Cocoa with bailey's the crew brought us after our early morning jaunts (in reality this is the beverage I dreamed I was hydrating with instead of the iced bottled water the Spirit crew had for us in a cooler located aft on on Deck 10). Your special orders sounded divine Philip. Our one special order was also Dover sole (in fact the same evening you had yours (we were at the next table). However, both Doug and I agree instead of being the best Dover sole we tasted (we had our best tasting Dover sole numerous times on the Spirit's maiden crossing in Jan 2010) our Dover was absolutely the worst/driest sole we have even had on board. Doug and I guessed they made ours the same time as yours and kept it under a heating lamp--we ate ours about 45 min after you enjoyed yours. Thanks again for taking the time to post your excellent Spirit TA summary.

Nice report!

A comment/question regarding "shushing" paying guests in Stars. I'm under the impression this is a nightclub/caberet type operation and food could be served while a singer is on stage. I've witnessed this shushing and always wonder why some feel enpowered to demand silence. It is a lounge act, not concert recital.

The point is that this was well after dinner - 11pm onwards (they play until midnight).

couldn't agree with you more; we were on the Spirit last year and the young lady and extremely talented piano player were just incredible to listen to.yes it's a supper club but if you are going to talk through out the performance go to the restaurant instead.i had to gently remind some loudmouth that was sitting in front of me!:eek:

Archived