Sonny or Bully ?

Sunnyday2010

I will be in Aruba April 2012. I will be with a group of 4 People total. Form what I have seen you get an excellent tour with Sonny & Bully !

Sonny: Max 5 People $45 per hour

Bully: Max 14 People $60 per hour

Is there any reason I should choose one over the other given that I have 4 People? If it is the same service & they are both available why not go with the cheaper ?

Thank you :D

We just got back from the Crown on the 19th. We did a 3 hr tour with Sonny and it was great. He took us to all the places of interest and even dropped off one of the couples at the beach. We paid $25 per person for the 3 hr tour!

Bully will take you to the most well known sites as well as some out of the way lesser known but very unique spots. Of course, how much you see will ultimately depend upon how long your tour is.

When in doubt, mention the location and I am sure he will oblige.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from Aruba too. We were on the same boat as David & Catherine on the previous post but we used Sonny. He was fantastic, taking us all around the island. He was full of information and answered all of the questions we had for him.

Sonny explained that he has a different license which allows him to carry more people but there was still 4 in our group.

I give Sonny Binn a very high recommendation to anyone going to Aruba!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I went with Sonny the beginning of the month and he was wonderful! I emailed him in advance and checked his rates. $25 per person for a 3 hour tour. He can take groups up to about 15 people I believe. When I booked his tour, it was just my roommate and I who booked. On the ship, we became friends with our table mates. They didn't have anything booked and wanted to tag along with us. When we got off the ship, we met Sonny. He had space available. In fact, he had showed up and my roommate and I were the only ones with a prior booking. He was happy to allow our new friends to join us at the same rate of $25 per person. There were also some people who couldn't locate their tour guide and he brought them along as well. This was one of the best tours I have ever been on. Sonny is very well informed and took us to some wonderful spots. He will customize the tour based on where you want to go and what you want to see. I would definitely use him again as would all of the others on our tour. He does not currently have a website, but is hoping to have one in the near future. You can contact him by email at Binns.tours@yahoo.com

Just back from our day in Aruba...we booked with Sonni, but it was actually Howard that took us for the day...following Sonni's group, so we were all together. Howard was fantastic! It was a miserable rainy day, but he did his best to show us his beautiful island and we loved it. He is so knowledgeable and there was never any time that we were just sitting there not totally engaged...he brought us to all of the hot spots. Then dropped us off for snorkeling, Sonni picked us up an hour later and brought us back to the ship. Best money spent on our cruise! We highly recommend Sonni and Howard....it was the highlight of our cruise, even in the rain!

We will be visiting Aruba for the first time in April. We are not interested in spending much time at the beach, perhaps only a quick stop. What are the "must see sites"? For those familiar with Sonny and Bully, which would be a better choice. Right now there are only two of us, but we have a very active Roll Call, so I can probably get others to join us, if necessary.

Thanks for the help. CC is great!

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Aruba in Dec and used Bully who is fantastic. He is only licensed to drive a taxi so is limited to 5 people and charges $45/hour. These limits are put upon him by the government. Sonny and Ivan are licensed to take more than 5 people, thus they can use a bigger vehicle and charge less money. Regardless, Bully vouches for both Sonny and Ivan.

Have Bully take you to the really great little bakery - it was one of our first stops and we wished we hadn't eaten breakfast on the ship!

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from 10 day Holland America cruise and had Sonny Binns as tour guide for me and my elderly parents and friends (5 total). Sonny was great - reliable, very knowledgable, and accommodating. My Dad appreciated his story about the oil refinery and the Germans during WWII. Sonny is able to handle more than the 5 that other tour guides do as he has a big van. You cannot go wrong with Sonny!

Our group of 6 spent afternoon with Sonny and had a wonderful time.. very personable.. and when he says "meet at ship" he means it..we thought we had to go out where tour ops and taxis are but he can get through gate and pick you up right there... we had so much fun and thorougly enjoyed...went to natural bridge area (fell but still gorgeous stretch of the island, lighthouse, north(?) shore where it's rocky and the surf is amazing.. you will have wonderful time..

Archived