Mariner vista suite questions

zship

Is there a lot of motion in these suites on a med cruise ?

Depends on the sea conditions at the time

considering the location of the VS I would think if there is any "motion of the ocean" you will know in those locations ;)

Lyn

Does anyone know the interior and exterior square footage of the various vista suites on the Marina?

I don't believe that Oceania has ever released the square footage of each individual suite, and they do differ slightly, so you'll need to study the deck-plans to determine which one seems biggest and best located.

This photograph might also be of some help:

104702.jpg

We were in a VS on Marina in the Med just this past month and there was only one occasion when we felt motion -- but then, the whole ship did at that time. It was for a few hours late one evening. Apparently people making their way from restaurants or the lounge to their staterooms were holding on for dear life, but we didn't feel it that much. For the record, my husband should have been a sailor but I am very prone to mal de mer and I was fine.

I can't say it would always be this calm, however!

Mura

We were in 10001 which is just below the bridge. We really weren't out on the deck much because it was such a port intensive cruise so I can't attest to the wind. But when I did go outside (usually to take a photo) I didn't particularly notice wind. Then again, we were probably docked at those times! (Had it been the height of summer I'm sure we would have used the deck more. It was a great place to watch a sail-away.)

I couldn't say if I prefer one deck or not since I didn't sample any others!

The vista suites are very spacious and comfortable on Marina.

Archived