Aft cabins on Radiance class - Deck 7

janets

We booked an Aft cabin on deck 7 (7676) on Radiance for our Alaska cruise. I am concerned because it appears to be over the discos. Has anyone had any problem with noise or smoke from engine on deck 7. We have had a corner aft before on Rhapsody and loved it.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just saw your post and wondered what your experience was in your cabin. We are booked in 7172 for Alaska next summer and my husband had the same concerns regarding the bars below us.

Thanks!:)

Same here - we have 7174 for Hawaii next year and are curious for any feedback out there.

We had a deck 8 corner aft balcony. We loved the view. We did not love the noise and vibration and bouncing around in rough seas. It was fine in calm seas. We did view a deck 7 corner aft balcony, the balcony is smaller, than the higher decks. I don't know if they heard any noise from the Colony Club below. I would try for a deck 8 or 9 if possible. Just my opinion.:o

• 2 weeks later...

We are considering this cabin and are wondering about the bar noise as well? We have had 9th floor aft radaince class and loved it and did not feel the motion of the ocean and heard no noise. They day the lower you are the less motion???:confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ann,

I hope all is well since our return from the Summit.

We were on 10 aft when we did the Radiance and we could only see about three or four feet at most of the deck 9 balconies. There is more cover than on the Summit afts since the top/ceiling is solid.

If this is your cabin for Alaska next year you should be very happy with your choice. And, if your CC group is like our Summit group you will be cohabitating with all of your friends from the boards. Most of us on the Radiance were also CC'ers and it added an extra dimension to the cruise.

Hugs to you...we miss you and the gang.

Susan

Archived