Caye Caulker "Rasta Pasta"?

39august

For those who have been to Caye Caulker lately, did you see a restaurant called "Rasta Pasta"? We were there in 2005 and loved the food there. May be taking a tour back to Caye Caulker in Feb. Would love to know in advance if Rasta Pasta is still in business.

Rasta Pasta has been closed for awhile. The owner went back to the States. I am in country now and asked a friend on Caye Caulker and that is what she said. I have eaten at Rose's, which is excellent and Rainbow Cafe gets high marks as well. Have a great trip.

Janice

Thanks for the info, Janice. I was not impressed at ALL with the Sandbox, which was highly recommended at the time. Nice to have a couple of other eatery names. By the way, is Roger still doing lobster dinners in his yard in the evenings? That was a great dining experiece!

Sorry it took me so long to get an answer, but this is what I was told....

• I'm not sure who Robert is but Jolly Roger was doing lobster on the beach, but isn't any more, the village council shut him down. His sister Francene is grilling in front of Oceanside. Gringo Jack does shrimp sticks on the beach near the split, and a guy called King Kabob is grilling on the beach in the afternoon.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Janice

Archived