Hurricane Wilma?

hobbyhrs97

We are headed to Cozumel in Jan,2012. Has anyone heard if Cozumel got alot of damage with Hurricane Wilma? Will they still be offering this as a port? How do I find out if they decide to skip Cozumel and change when we are other ports?

I have a private tour booked for Belize and will make the changes if need be.

Hurricane Wilma was back in 2005. We were on one of the first cruises allowed back there. There was a lot of devastation and a lot of rebuilding going on. The dock was gone and we had to tender in. We've been back 2x since then. The last time being last year. It looks much different now than it did back then. I don't think you have to worry :).

Thanks, John H posted about a hurricane and I got scared!:eek: We have secret plans for Cozumel. Sigh of relief!

His post was in regards to CCL Photographer Radu.

He said that Radu had taken pictures before and after Hurricane Wilma and had not been back to Cozumel since.

At first John had said Hurricane Francine and then corrected himself.

Puerta Maya pier and shopping area reopened in late 2008. They've rebuilt everything and all is well......IMHO Cozumel is one port to quickly get off, do a little shopping and get right back on the ship without leaving the port area. Least fave port of all I have been to.

Puerta Maya pier and shopping area reopened in late 2008. They've rebuilt everything and all is well......IMHO Cozumel is one port to quickly get off, do a little shopping and get right back on the ship without leaving the port area. Least fave port of all I have been to.

OMG....we get through that place as quickly as possible, hop in a cab & get to the beach! I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the tourist trap shopping areas & bars that are right off the ship...and so many people get off, go to Margarittavile and say "Aruva was AWESOME!!!!!" and they never left the port area! WHAT?????

Anyway, your message caught me because we just love Cozumel....but we run through those shops to get away!

OMG....we get through that place as quickly as possible, hop in a cab & get to the beach! I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the tourist trap shopping areas & bars that are right off the ship...and so many people get off, go to Margarittavile and say "Aruva was AWESOME!!!!!" and they never left the port area! WHAT?????

Anyway, your message caught me because we just love Cozumel....but we run through those shops to get away!

I think she may be in the minority there. I'm with you, off the ship in the cab and off to nachi cocum.

Maybe she doesnt like the beach.:confused:

Bill

Read the title and had a great laugh. My grandmother is named Wilma so whenever I see hurricane Wilma, I always tease her about all the destruction she has caused...lol You might want to be a little concerned because...Wilma will be there in January :p hehehe

After Wilma, the government paid residents $10 per hour to sweep sand off the streets. All liquor sales were shut off on the island. If traveling over from the Mainland by ferry, residents were checked for liquor. Carnival's pier was the last one to be rebuilt due to a dispute in passenger fees that were owed to Cozumel.

Dave

Archived