Questions for recent Sun cruisers

bostongal965

Looking forward to my next cruise on the Sun!!! We were on her in February and loved it!

A couple questions for recent cruisers:

Have they been having the White Hot party in Dazzles or on the pool deck? When we were on in Feb, it seemed like the pool deck was deserted by six each night, save a few folks enjoying the hot tubs.

Did they have a pub crawl (I don't think they did on ours - at least I never saw it in the dailies - and I was looking, trust me! ;)).

Are they still doing 2-for-1 martinis in the observation lounge? I heard rumors that they weren't.

Thanks!!

I was on the Oct. 29th sailing. The WH party was in Dazzles. There were no 2 for 1 drink specials that I knew of except for once late at night the DJ in Dazzles announced it. I went to a Bar Crawl but it was canceled because there weren't enough people. They gave us a free shot for showing up. BTW, it was a fantastic cruise!

We were on the Oct 22nd sailing and like the previous poster our WH party was in Dazzles, much to my disappointment as in 2010 it was on the pool deck and was so much more fun. I talked with Pedro the cruise director about it and he said they had moved it inside due to weather concerns but that they were talking about moving it to the night after leaving St. Thomas since the weather was usually better...of course he was leaving to head home to be with his wife when she had her baby so who knows whether they changed it or not.

We were on the SUN Nov 5-12 and the weather was great so they had the white hot party up by the pool...great times! they had two for one martinis and they advertised a pub crawl but $25 for a 50 minute visit to all the bars...figuring walking and drinking time did not appeal so did not try it...not sure if they had it or not!

i cant remember which cruise this was brought up, but was told they usually have Deck Parties on alot of the sailings...we have had one on most of ours, so the WHP is inside and that way too after a certain time when it is just for 18 year olds and over they can control that...i much prefer it that way and to many times too its just to 'windy' to be out on the Pool Deck and also you dont get the COOL effect with the black light and glow sticks and such!!

i do hope the WHP is inside for our sailings...we had such a GREAT time last year, course PEDRO wont be there, but we wish him and his wife and new baby all the BEST:)

Archived