Carnival Fantasy: Baby Spash Zone and a few other questions

ledbyrain

We are cruising with our 22-month-old daughter who is not yet potty trained. I know she is not allowed in the pools, etc., but I've read that there are some ships with little splash zones for children in diapers. Does the Fantasy have this feature?

I've also read that some people bring their own inflatable pools on board for their young children. Is this really okay? I don't want to disturb other passengers but also want my daughter to be able to enjoy herself in the water! I would love to hear the perspectives of experienced passengers.

Finally, does anyone know the cost of the Camp Carnival club for a toddler coming in with an adult for play time (she's not technically allowed there)? Is the week after Thanksgiving typically a busy kid time for the Camp (i.e., is there a chance they might be flexible with an almost-2-year-old?)

Thanks so much!

There is no charge for the playtime in the kids club.

So far as I can tell, there is not a splash zone for kids, no small slide as on the Fascination. Even where there is an area with a kiddis slide, there are signs that say no diapers, no non-potty trained folks allowed. However, in front of those signs I have seen kids wearing nothing but swimmie diapers, and staff were no sending them away. EM

Here is the info copied from the Carnival site for Under 2's

Under-2 Child(6 Months to Under 24 Months)

General Information / Policies / Activities

Camp Carnival cannot accept children under the age of 2 unless they are turning 2 years old on the cruise. THERE ARE NO AGE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. There are specific times on board each ship that under-2 year olds are welcome into the facility. Each ship operates differently based on the itinerary.

Sign In/Out Policy

• All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy. Children can only be signed in and out by the same Parent/Legal Guardian or authorized persons over the age of 18. Parents/legal guardian can authorize two other people (over the age of 18) on the Registration form to sign in/out their children from activities. The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
  • For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.

Beepers / Telephone

Beepers and cell phones are available to Parents, complimentary, ona case by case basis. Parents will be beeped /phoned if the child is misbehaving, ill, seriously unhappy, asking continuously for their parents and in case of an emergency. The beeper or telephone is used throughout the voyage, for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship. There will be a charge to the guest’s Sail & Sign card if the beeper/telephone is lost, damaged or broken.

Safety Information

All childrenaged 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Carnival activities will be taken to a designated area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own and meet their child, accompanied by the Youth Staff, at their muster station. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.

Potty-Trained

Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to be part of Camp Carnival or take part of the babysitting services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.

Kiddies Pools / Swimming Pools / Spray Parks / WaterWorks / Whirlpools

Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Water facilities include: kiddies pools/swimming pools/spray parks/WaterWorks/ Slides/Whirlpools.

Medication

The Camp Carnival Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment and inhalers are permitted in the playroom; these items will be kept in a designated area in the playroom. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Carnival, the parents must return to administer the medication.

Activities

Children under-2 may not participate in the scheduled activities we offer to the other age groups. THERE ARE NO AGE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.

Sea Days

• Under 2 time is scheduled from 8:00am-10:00am. During this time, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child) – or - they can stay and use the Camp Carnival facilities at no charge. Please note that this time is designated for the use of Under 2’s and their parents only.

Port Days

• Care for infants begins from 15 minutes before the first tour until 12:00 noon (or from 1:00pm until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time). Port Days are for drop off only. Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.

Evenings

Night Owls (for details, see “Night Owls”-babysitting)

• Babysittingis available from 10:00pm to 3:00am. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (2-11 years) participating in Night Owls. Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.

Archived