Carnival Spirit's Aussie Cruise Director on the Aussie-fication of the ship!

• 1 month later...

Hi there im just kinda new here but have cruised several times in a few places with Carnival mostly the USA.

Ive just booked a Cruise on Carnival Spirit only the short haul going from Sydney to Melbourne. Has anyone else been would love to hear your feedback?

I've cruised with Carnival 4 or 5 times in the USA and they were great had a fantastic time but my worry is they have been taken over by P&O here and they have made it more Aussie you go on a cruise for a bit of culture and change and experience now my question is why have they changed their policy of allowing us to bring 1 bottle of wine on board? And stopping the Bon Voyage club where you can have drinks ordered to your room as gifts for special occassions... also i get they want us to feel comfortable okay nice but seriously we dont like American bacon ? Sorry im married to an American i like it a lot more than the Aussie bacon. For them to make all these assumptions is a bit full on.

Way to place them in the Aussie market the WRONG Way... I was estactic to hear when Carnival were coming here..what a let down.

Having said my little rant now im only on a 3 night cruise and in Australian waters wondering how this will work.

Will let everyone know how it all works thank god im already booked for a Carnival Cruise in the USA in May 2013 and i know they ROCK.

Ill be back with a full report to follow for other cruisers :)

Hi CruisingwithC.

I'm on that same Carnival cruise, 13th Feb.

I am loyal to RCI, because I have found P&O Australia to be booze cruising. (And stay away from school holidays, and I take kids).

Especially have read that that 1, 2, and 3 days cruises will be booze cruises. I am concerned.

We are only taking this cruise to try out Carnival, and sail home after a Rhapsody cruise. Better than flying.LOL.

Still we plan to enjoy it.

See you there.:)

Hi CruisingwithC.

I'm on that same Carnival cruise, 13th Feb.

I am loyal to RCI, because I have found P&O Australia to be booze cruising. (And stay away from school holidays, and I take kids).

Especially have read that that 1, 2, and 3 days cruises will be booze cruises. I am concerned.

We are only taking this cruise to try out Carnival, and sail home after a Rhapsody cruise. Better than flying.LOL.

Still we plan to enjoy it.

See you there.:)

Hi Aussie FF,

We too are also taking this cruise to try out Carnival here in Australia and also see if Hubby likes it. Ive cruised with them several times in the USA and found them to be great for the price they are. Ive heard the samething that the 1, 2 and 3 day cruises can be a bit booze cruise but hopefully this wont be. I too am a little concerned but like you said still planning to enjoy it. Even better way to get home cruising versus flying. See you there. So are you from Melbourne? Any suggestions on must see things to do there?

Hi Aussie FF,

We too are also taking this cruise to try out Carnival here in Australia and also see if Hubby likes it. Ive cruised with them several times in the USA and found them to be great for the price they are. Ive heard the samething that the 1, 2 and 3 day cruises can be a bit booze cruise but hopefully this wont be. I too am a little concerned but like you said still planning to enjoy it. Even better way to get home cruising versus flying. See you there. So are you from Melbourne? Any suggestions on must see things to do there?

Dont worry too much about the "booze cruise" aspect on the short ones...yes they are..just look beyond the clientele which will certainly be different on a longer cruise..and check out what the ship has to offer.

Sue

Hi CruisingwithC.

We are from the Mornington Peninsula. One hours drive to the City.

Down our way are the Fairy Penguins at Phillip Island. Close to the city, there is Ackland St., St. Kilda, for the cake shops and coffee. In and around the city, Melbourne Zoo, Queen Victoria market, Rialto Tower, Eureka Tower, Southbank, free City Circle tram, Aquarium, and the shopping and coffee shops in many little arcades.:)

Haven't found a thread for this sailing to chat. Maybe not worth the effort for 3 days?

Rhapsody X 9

Radiance X 1

P&O X 5

To come:Carnival Spirit - Feb

Rhapsody - Feb

Rhapsody - September

Radiance - Dec B2B

Radiance - Dec Christmas (To make Diamond+):D

Aussie Frequent Floaters

Archived