My flight was just cancelled

LML101

What a relief. My bike is here, however it is damaged. I am furious about it. I had spent two hours packng it well wirh lots of padding. When the box arivved in Lisbon, it was trashed. There was a note that the TSA had opened th box. They barely taped it baxk and did not take care to put it back in the box very well. I have flown with my bike more than twenty times, and never had this happen. The airlines also make it clear that they are not responsible for damage,0even though I have to pay a lot now to take the bike with me. I hope I can get the bike fixed here in Lisbon today.

FYI. I downloaded the information about the charges for the bicycle and showed it to the airline, but they still double charged.. I also arived at the airport three hours early,so I did everything right. It was complicated because I as flying on three different airlines.

I am very happy that I am here in Lisbon!!

LML101,

I have enjoyed reading your travel adventure from Alaska to Lisbon. Glad you will shortly be on your cruise ship, hopefully with a bike that works.

Enjoy your cruise and I hope you can give up-dates while on board.

• 3 weeks later...

Cruise is over, boo hoo. Mostly Brazilian passengers. Only 1300 pasengers on board. I heard from crew that 200 passengers missed the ship because of the strike. They tried to catch up with the ship in Canary Islands, but that didnt work either. Now I am glad I spent all that money to change my ticket!

Archived