Walkie-talkies on the Allure or Oasis

reggielew

Hi!

I was thinking about buying walkie-talkies to take on the Allure in January. Has anyone used these on such a big ship, and do they work?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used them, and if they worked well, what kind did you get?

Thanks very much.

Reggie

Keep in mind using them ashore in a foreign country may NOT be legal, so investigate the laws before using them. Also, depending on which version you get you need a license in the US, and off the top of my head I think FRS is ok w/o and GRS is the one requiring a license. Easier to just use 2m, 40cm...but then those reqire a license and are not allowed on the ship without captain's permission.

We keep are conversations short and do our best not to annoy other passengers around us.

We do the same!

After reading on here (yrs ago) that people take walkie-talkies, we decided to get a set. We are on our 4th set and love them. We have traveled alone and with several couples using them.

We didn't use them last year, as we were the only ones that remembered to bring them. Boy did we miss them, it was hard keeping up and knowing where everyone was!

Archived