How cold is the water in December?

workingjoe2001

For anyone who has visited Dominica in December...how cold was the water? It looks like the majority of excursions in Dominica involve falls, pools, beaches and gorges...all swimming. I don't want to book a tour for our party if it will be too cold to get in the water.

What did you think when you went?

Thanks!

We were there in December 2009. We experienced all sorts of falls, pools, snorkeling and gorges. The only one that was cold was Titou Gorge, but it is an awesome experience not to be missed. The water in the gorge is cool, but you acclimatize quickly. I don't remember the water being anything but warm everywhere else.

Dominica is an amazing, beautiful, island. Please don't miss any of the island's beauty for fear of being cold for a minute or two.

We will be back in Dominica in about 34 days and can't wait to experience more of this amazingly beautiful island.

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Dominica twice in December. We visited Trafalgar falls, emerald pool one year and tubing and something else last year. The water was not freezing and our body temp easily adjusted to the water temp.

We tube around here and I didnt think i would like it elsewhere and I have to tell you, it was a highlight! We (family of 4) really enjoyed the tubing in Dominica!

Archived