Ladies are looking for a short cruise..........

hawaiinana

Can anyone recommend a short (3-4 day)cruise for a small group of ladies? (out of Tampa, Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, or Ft. Lauderdale) We're not interested in Nassau, and not sure how safe it would be in Mexico. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You can forget the 3 day cruises, and those from Jacksonville, and Port Canaveral if you aren't interested in the Bahamas. No short cruises from Ft. Lauderdale. You might try Miami, also. You don't say when you are thinking of going, but your selection narrows dramatically after late April, as most of the lines start moving their ships to Alaska and Europe. Try this website to see who is sailing from you ports, and their itineraries.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1520653

EM

Can anyone recommend a short (3-4 day)cruise for a small group of ladies? (out of Tampa, Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, or Ft. Lauderdale) We're not interested in Nassau, and not sure how safe it would be in Mexico. Any suggestions? Thanks!

There are several 3 to 5 cruises out of Tampa which would include one or two days in Mexico and those specific ports would be safe. They are with Carnival and RCI cruise lines. Likewise there are several cruises out of Fort Lauderdale with RCI that include Mexico and the port(s) are safe one.

I would visit those two cruise line web site and you can view them.

Keith

Thanks for the advice. Since 2 ladies are teachers, we will probably try to go during the summer. (that's not the cheapest rates though) So it looks like the best deal might be a 4 night cruise on the Norwegian Sky out of Miami. Although this does go to Nassau, it also goes to Great Stirrup Cay and Grand Bahama Island-which should be fun. Any other ideas for a short summer cruise? thanks!

Thanks for the advice. Since 2 ladies are teachers, we will probably try to go during the summer. (that's not the cheapest rates though) So it looks like the best deal might be a 4 night cruise on the Norwegian Sky out of Miami. Although this does go to Nassau, it also goes to Great Stirrup Cay and Grand Bahama Island-which should be fun. Any other ideas for a short summer cruise? thanks!

When the itinerary says Grand Bahama Island that means Freeport I believe.....just so you know.

Liberty of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas and Celebrity Millennium are doing 4-5 nights this winter/spring, and the Celebrity Constellation next winter. For 4-night cruise in the summer, I think the Disney Dream is probably the best ship.

Liberty of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas and Celebrity Millennium are doing 4-5 nights this winter/spring, and the Celebrity Constellation next winter. For 4-night cruise in the summer, I think the Disney Dream is probably the best ship.

OP states they have to go in the summer because 2 of them are teachers.

And I would never suggest anyone without children along go on a Disney cruise. Geared for children, overrun with children, etc. and also much more expensive.

And I would never suggest anyone without children along go on a Disney cruise. Geared for children, overrun with children, etc. and also much more expensive.

Personally I will consider a Disney cruise even without kids. Of course other factors like price/value, itinerary or timing will have to be considered as well. What seems to be not preferred to someone may mean the complete opposite to others. I guess that's why I like cruising as there are so many choices.

more expensive I concede.. everything else NO WAY

we are CF and do not like being around them . Disney is our favorite line for keeping the adult only areas exactly that and for maintaining decorum in the public areas..

Archived