cruising with teenagers

cas1000

I am thinking of going on a 12 night med cruise on the Serenade of the seas next August with my husband, 16 year old son and 14 year old daughter. Since this is a smaller ship than the Freedom class ships will there be enough teenagers activities on board for my teenagers - other posts have talked about teenager clubs and teen areas on board the larger Independance of the seas but do these exist on the Serenade of the seas? Our son is also sport mad so are there plenty of football etc tournaments on the ship. Our other option is to go on a 7 night cruise on a Voyager class or Freedom class but the itineries and timings are not so good for us but so will we be Ok with our choice or would it be worth going for a larger ship. Please help

While it is true that Serenade does not offer as much as the Freedom class ships, there is still a lot for kids to do. We sailed Serenade last March with our 17 YO DD and she had a blast. She got involved with the Roll Call months before the cruise and found a bunch of teens that would be on the same sailing. The started their own Roll Call for the teens and also created a Facebook page that they could all communicate through. Kids are pretty creative. They'll find ways to meet others their age and to have fun.

Archived