Jewel of the Seas

Jack&Laura

Just booked on the12/05/11 sailing. Does the Jewel have a "lobster night"? Any "specialty" foods to look for? :cool::)

Hi we were on the jewel in september and yes there was a lobster night also portofinos is worth the extra $20 for a fantastic t/bone steak and the desserts are to die for have a fantastic cruise its a great ship:)

Nowadays, it's called a seafood platter, or something like that....a lobster tail and some shrimp....I sure wish they had the individual melted butter dishes.....last time, they poured some butter on my plate....not exactly the best way to "dip" your lobstertail!!!!

Just booked on the12/05/11 sailing. Does the Jewel have a "lobster night"? Any "specialty" foods to look for? :cool::)

We were on the first Jewel 5 night out of Tampa and had lobster tails. I don't recall if there was lobster on the 4 night. We were B2B. We loved all the food we had in the MDR.

Look for us on Dec 5th. We will be doing Chops on sail away night so we can get great service from Dennis!!!:D:D:D

We were just on the first 5 night as well. Sailed November 12 out of Tampa. We went to Chops the first night out. Night 2 is formal night and they serve the menu with beef tenderloin, escargot, duck, and the chocolate souflet. Monday night [night 3] is the night that is my least favorite. Turkey tenderloin, beef shoulder, pasta; bleh!! I couldn't convince our group to go to Portofino last minute so I ordered the Chops filet for $14.95. It was fabulous! Night 4 was the prime rib and lobster and the last night was NY Strip steak and the turkey and dressing/ cranberry sauce menu. I highly recommend eating lunch at the Seaview Cafe that is aft on deck 12. All the food is cooked to order and you get a great burger, hot dog, cuban, or Reuben sandwich. The onion rings are really good too.

All of the food in MDR was very good although I thought there was a little too much Indian style. We always found something to enjoy. I really like the Chicken Marsala. My husband had mentioned to the Head waiter that he would love to have a shrimp cocktail every night. Lo and behold when they started bringing him two at a time every night he had to admit that he had enough.

We did eat once in Chops and although we had the Petite Filet Mignon it was still too much food. All the sides are enough for two. The service was superb!!!

The salad bar in the MDR at lunch was wonderful.

Archived