Just off the Gem--Thanksgiving week

Rileyz

Had a fabulous time :) Great weather, staff, food, entertainment--lots of fun! We stayed in SC 2 bed suite 11012, it was ridiculous and I miss it already. The shower, the bed, the tub, the cookies LOL. Thanks to Florentina, Jayson, Efren and Leo especially. Great NCL staff! I am happy to answer any questions. :D

Glad you had a great time!

Could you give us a rundown of entertainment, i.e. lounge piano/singers in Bar City, Star Bar, etc. Is "Man from Mars" (not exactly sure of name) show still on? Is it one of the permanent production shows or one of the special acts?

Did you have a Meet & Greet?

Any standouts restaurant/food for you?

Did they have a Taste of India lunch?

Welcome back!

Just returned from same cruise. The entertainment was incredible to say the least. One show was better then the next all were professionaly performed in the Stardust Theater. They have a excellent sound and lighting system. I am a professional musician and can honestly say that this ship had the best entertainment on any cruise that ive been on. With out a doubt this was the higllight of the cruise. As far as lounge music Leo is a guitarist/snger that plays many requests including Billy Joel Elton John, Jason Maraz, Queen and many more artist. Leo had some guests that decided that wanted to sing . I saw some people walking away complainig it sounded like a poor karaoke show. But Leo kept it under control and it was just a couple of songs anyway. You will not be disapointed by any means..

Was a great time I must say! Even though I didn't win the mr sexy legs,lol. Pool temps were a bit chilly but the hot tubs were hot. Thanksgiviving dinner yes all the fixings plus other choices if you didn't want traditional. LA BIsstro is to die for! Check it out! We had the beef tenterloin and escargot, the beer at the pool was awesome too! Lol

Glad you had a great time!

Could you give us a rundown of entertainment' date=' i.e. lounge piano/singers in Bar City, Star Bar, etc. Is "Man from Mars" (not exactly sure of name) show still on? Is it one of the permanent production shows or one of the special acts?

Did you have a Meet & Greet?

Any standouts restaurant/food for you?

Did they have a Taste of India lunch?

Welcome back![/quote']

Man From Mars is still on, two nights in fact with different shows. Leo was an awesome guitarist/vocalist----he can sing anything!

We did not have a meet and greet, there was very little activity on our roll call.

They did have a Taste of India but I think it was a dinner.

My favorite restaurant was Le Bistro, lamb, escargot, etc. I also found the dining room food to be very good. Loved the lamb shanks,but don't get the leg of lamb.

---Kevin, the pools were COLD!!!!!

Hey! It's Amy Emma's mom. We had a great time too. It was nice seeing you at all the meals and meeting you in the VIP lounge before the cruise even started!

Amy from CT

Hi Amy! Didn't know you were on cruise critic :) You guys are an awesome family, it was great meeting you too. Glad you had a nice time. Rich and I were kind of bummed to be cooking dinner tonight, lol. I wish we could have hung out more, my group was so large it was hard keeping track of just them, lol.

Rebecca

Glad you had a great time. How was the weather? Beach weather? I'm on the Dec 4th sailing' date=' I can't decided if we should take bathing suits or not.[/quote']

Florida, Nassau and Great Stirrup were plenty warm---hot in fact! The water at GSC was nice and warm :)

How was dinner on Thanksgiving Night? Turkey with all the fixings?

Welcome home! I just watched her sail out of NY :)

Yep, turkey and fixings and lots of Thanksgiving decor which I didn't expect but was happy to see. I guess the turkey was good but I had steak, lol. Not a huge turkey fan unless it's in a sandwich :)

Glad you had a great time. How was the weather? Beach weather? I'm on the Dec 4th sailing' date=' I can't decided if we should take bathing suits or not.[/quote']

DH and I are on the Dec. 4th sailing too. I would never go on a cruise without a bathing suit. There is always the hot tubs and it is always bathing suit weather in the Caribbean.

Hey Paula ( CloversMOm) and Judy ( Coffeebean) from our Dec 4th rollcall.........it does sound like we've got a great week ahead of us doesnt It ?? Paula I see a couple others already answered that question about the bathing suits....the answer is DEFINITELY. Although weather can be very different from year to year, last year we sailed this exact same week ( on the Jewel- same itinerary) and once we got past Florida it really started to warm up, we really enjoyed the beach weather in the Bahamas. Lynn

Archived