Onboard Golden to Hawaii Nov 23-Dec 7

kayakbob

Just to answer the question about the one chocolate covered strawberry, I was on the bobbing tender. We also had to put on our lifevests before we transferred to the new tender. But we received a plate of chocolate covered goodies. There were two strawberries and other chocolate confections. We also received a letter of apology.

How was it? Thinking of doing this.

There is a troupe of Hawaiian dancers, ranging from very, very young to early 20s, I think, who come onboard just about every cruiseship that comes to Hawaii. They'll perform their show in the Princess Theater and it's a very popular show. So if that's what you're asking about, you just show up for the show, which has been around 8 or 8:15 on the two Hawaiian cruises I've been on.

The disembarkation yesterday went very smoothly. We always do the 'self help' style which began just before 8AM. Immigration and customs checks were very quick. We boarded Supershuttle about 8:15, left at 8:30 and were at LAX just after 9 AM (the driver used the carpool lane on the 405).

I can't comment on music in any of the lounges as that isn't my thing. The British Invasion show was 'standing room only' on its first night but the performance on the final night was very sparsely attended. In spite of the meager audiance the performers gave another great show.

There were so many Captain's Circle members onboard that they broke the CC party into 4 pieces. The top cruiser had something like 1089 sea days. The third highest was something like 800 sea days.

This voyage had about 50 kids. Several hundred are expected for the Dec 21 sailing.

The excellent onboard naturalist, Rachel, has one more voyage before disembarking on the 21st. She gets a vacation before rejoining the Golden. If she is on your voyage, make sure to go to her lectures.

Archived