Serenade of the Seas 7014 or 8088?

cas1000

Looking to book for the med next summer and would like to get a bigger balcony than usual for the 4 of us. 8088 is available but several people have said this cabin and balcony is quite dark although the balcony is bigger. I am also a light sleeper and am worried about noise where it is situated. 7014 also looks to be available - would I be better going for this which may be quieter and not so dark. Would I still be able to get a lounger on this balcony?

You want 8088...7014 doesn't have the privacy that 8088 will have....even tho it's an "extended" balcony, the divider doesn't go all the way to the outer railing....leaving about 2 ft. with no divider except a railing between you and your neighbor. There is still no room for a lounger.

8088 has a full divider...and there's no added noise because of location. Not sure if there's room for a lounger or not...most D's simply aren't wide enough.

All balconies are covered...none are "dark"....you will get sun either early morning or late afternoon...depending on which direction you're going. Do not expect to get a tan on your balcony....that's what the open, pool deck is for!

We loved our room location and balcony on 8088 on Radiance. There was one lounger when we arrived, and we asked our cabin attendant to bring another lounger, which she did. I will say, however, that we heard music late at night in our cabin from the Centrum. We enjoyed it, but if you are concerned about "background music," then that piece of it needs to be considered. All in all, I'd choose that cabin again in a heartbeat on any Radiance-class ship.

Archived