Do Canadians require Turkish visas?

Cdncruiser13

I am confused as to whether or not Canadian cruise ship passengers require a visa. My wife and I are on an Oceania cruise to Turkey with stops for Ephesus and Istanbul. We will spend two days on the Riviera and one day at an Istanbul hotel before going to the airport. According to the Turkish website cruise passengers don't require visas if the stop is less than 72 hours. However is that 72 hours cumulative for both ports or 72 for each?

I am confused as to whether or not Canadian cruise ship passengers require a visa. My wife and I are on an Oceania cruise to Turkey with stops for Ephesus and Istanbul. We will spend two days on the Riviera and one day at an Istanbul hotel before going to the airport. According to the Turkish website cruise passengers don't require visas if the stop is less than 72 hours. However is that 72 hours cumulative for both ports or 72 for each?

The rule references 72 hours total spent in Turkey.

That said, cruise ship passengers visit Ephesus using what are called "yacht privileges" and your passport won't be stamped there, so you might get away with it.

For me, however, the chance of a possibility of having a problem in Turkey would far outweigh the nominal cost of the Visa, so I'd rather pay than have to worry about it.

Let your conscience be your guide :rolleyes:

Thank you Cathi for the info. We were going to use Oceania as well but were confused about the one entry versus the multiple entry visas as we are going to two ports. As you confirmed that the Oceania visa covers both Ephesus and Istanbul, than we will likely buy the Oceania visa. Did you use private guides or Oceania's ship tours at both ports?

We used a private guide and they were excellent. You can look them up at Magical Steps Travel on the web. I intially booked just the 2 of us but had some others join us from our CC roll call and the price dropped. We only paid $45 US per person to see Ephesus, Virgin Mary's house, and lunch. Supposed to be a half day tour as the ship was leaving at 3 pm but we only got back just before boarding time!! In Istanbul, we changed the itinerary (added the Cisterns) and the guide was very good about it. Even paid our admissions and added to the price at the end!! Can't say enough about this company. Check them out.

Thank you for the info. We are in a group of 6 and have booked Kagan Kosagan tours for Ephesus and Istanbul.

We have used Kagan (and his wife Lale) in Istanbul and liked them both very much.

I hope you will feel the same.

Archived